Adjustments

Betty's POV
It's been about 2 months since I was shot. For a while I had short term memory loss and I couldn't retain any new information for about a week but I'm doing good. 

It's been a wild ride and I'm doing okay. I met the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with but I'm still recovering so it's rough and even though I can barley walk and I can't work, so it's going to be a while before I can get my apartment. I'm happy. Alice and Gladys are helping me a lot too. It's great to finally have a mother figure in my life, now too. 

The diners closed today and were just relaxing for a few, and I try to get up to get my phone and Jug try's to stop me. 

"Woah, let me help Betts." 

"Jug I'm going to need to do this sooner or later." 

I let go of the table I was using to stand me up and trembling I take my first step." 

"Yesss!" Jughead says with the biggest smile I have ever seen. 

I take a deep breath, I'm all tired in sweats and t-shirt and no bra or makeup, my hair is in a crappy pony tail not high at all and Jughead still calls me beautiful. 

I get to the counter and grab my phone but get overwhelmed with excitement and drop it. I also drop to the floor and start balling my eyes out. 

"Betty oh my God!" He says as he tries to pull me up beside him but instead I pull him down with me and he holds me. 

I just cry. 

"Love, are you okay?" He says as he kisses my cheek. 

"Yeah, it's just really pathetic that I'm excited over taking 5 whole steps." 

"Umm it was 6." Jughead says correcting me. He makes me happy. We both just sit there and laugh through the tears. 

"Betts you were shot." He says as he puts his arm around me. 

"And the guy who did it is still out there, I'm here for you. It's okay." 

We kiss romantically, like we've never done before and like we don't want to stop. 

After we do he looks at me with love, I can feel it. 

"Betts, I love you." 

I wipe the tears from my face. 

"I love you too."