Mama's Cookin'

[This is a Tip written chapter! I currently have acrylic nails so any mistakes. . .lets blame it on those]

BTW, Tip is my Co-Author if you didn't know!

A soft sound of a record player. Sizzling of vegetables in a pan. Humming behind it and a content smile on the female that was preparing the food.

"Mama?" A small girl rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she looked at the older female. The female hummed her response, but got only the sound moving furniture. The young girl had moved a stool right by the stove and hopped on to watch her guardian at work. The mother laughed at the scene, giving the precious girl a kiss on her forehead before moving to something else.

"Go get your father. He may live in that study of his, but he still has a family out here." It was a harsh thing to say to someone so small, but she understood. Her momma always was so blunt, she had to as a chef. Her papa was an aspiring archeologist, but their different personalities didn't clash at all. When Papa was soft, mama did the dirty work. When Mama didn't know, papa did. When one was caught up with work or emotions, the other would bring them back.

Her Mother placed a ribbon around, Y/n's index, "you know how distracted you get."

Yeahhh. . .Perfect pair. And they made their perfect child who could understand and function with her two parents.

Yep, Y/n's parents are da bomb

"aye-aye!" little Y/n saluted before hopping down the stool and running to their attic which was also her father's office.

"papa!" Little Y/n jumped onto her father's leg who tried to keep the books in his hand balanced. "H-hey my little chemical reaction, How's it going"

Y/n blew a raspberry at the name, "Pops, you know that name is weird and sooo long."

Y/n's father laughed as he placed the small child down and went to continue his work. His smile didn't falter, "Well, you know how you were made, right?"

"Yeah! Big G put you and mama's Dina--"

"D.N.A, Sweetheart."

"D.N.A-- and put in a tube and then boom a huge explosion caused me to fall right into your laps and everyone cried and cried cause I is a miracle." Y/n's father pluck one of his chemically change flowers from it's pot of soil, it yawning, now sentient. "That you are, my dear."

Y/n giggle as the little flower danced on top of her hand as she then remembered her mission as she looked at her finger. "ooh! Ooh! Mama needs you out of your smelly cave for din-din."

Y/n's father raised an eyebrow as she scoffed, taking off his lab coat and grabbing the flower from his daughter's hand, "it's not smelly," Y/n watched as her father dropped the flower in a flask, a puff of a spring sent filling the air, "it's my amazing intellect working." The fumes of the sent seemed to wrap around the girl, her breathing in and sighing in content at the floral smell. She giggled as she grabbed her father's hand, "Hehe, right pa."

Both of them walked toward the dining room, speaking about their days and what tomorrow could bring. When they finally made it to their seats at the table, a full course, five-star meal sat in front of them. "Arctic salmon on a bed of spinach, oven-roasted potatoes in a garlic bath, sauteed brussels sprouts with a spicy balsamic glaze, and . ." Y/n's mother removed a clove from over a freshly baked- ". . Grand momma's lemon sponge cake."

The other two family members mouths watered at the sight, and both started to move their mouths and knives toward the food, only to get smacked by a rolling pin on the top of their heads.