Death in Bloom

On a balcony in the Candy Palace, Bubblegum took a long sip of her tea. Gumball brought his teacup down and gasped while looking around.

"Ah, fudge! What time is it?" He asked in a concerned tone. "We have to go to Veggie Village for the Annual Technology Fair."

He stood up while Bubblegum wiped her upper lip. "Will y'all watch my Princess Plant for me?" She asks while handing the plant off to Y/n. It had a sturdy green stem with white petals. "I usually hire a sitter but- Ehn!" She shrugged while making a sound.

"Sure Princess!" Y/n smiled while gently holding the pot

"Awesome! Thank you, Y/n. I will be back on the Morrow." She then made a screeching sound before her bird, Morrow, flew from behind a mountain. He picked up both Gumball and Bubblegum before flying away.

Finn grabbed the plant from Y/n's arms. "You're in good hands, Princess Plant." He commented, holding the plant close to his face.

After hours of endless playing with the Princess Plant, Finn found himself reading the plant a story while Jake was cuddled up with it. Y/n had been left out of the loop all day since, and by their words, 'she wouldn't let them'.

The Princess Plant was looking horrible. Its leaves were dried up, it had cracks, and missing leaves, and looked dead.

"And then the monster got punched in the head and the princess was safe. And everyone was happy!" He closed the book while staring wistfully at the plant and his brother. Jake was falling asleep when the plant suddenly caught on fire.

Finn let out a shriek before putting it out. After the flames disappeared, Finn put a bandaid on it before kissing the charred plant. Jake also kissed it before they moved from their spot, hearing Y/n's footsteps getting closer to where they were.

Inside of a bedroom, Finn and Jake covered the plant with a blanket. The plant looked worse than before, but they tried to ignore it. "Time to lay down beautiful buddy."

"Yeah. Time to make sleepies!" Jake whispered while smiling. Their smiles quickly faded and they started to panic.

"Ahhh. We killed it, man!" Finn cried out while shaking Jake's shoulders.

Jake's voice wavered while being shaken. "I know!"

Finn calmed down, his grip still on Jake. "Okay. All we gotta do is go to the Land of the Dead and reclaim the flower's soul from death before Bubblegum returns."

"Okay!"

Before they could move, the door slammed open. Y/n stood in the middle with Peppermint Butler behind her legs.