Chapter 58 - You Will Be Mine, Macy-Dear

Start from the beginning

I was an outsider, an outcast, really. I was kin to them, but I didn't even look the part. I didn't really belong here in sleepy La Push, I was a city gal with a motorcycle and scars from ridiculous dares such as driving the opposite direction on the Brooklyn Bridge and climbing on apartment buildings. These guys didn't do much then jumping off of cliffs and high things.

"Macy!" Jacob shouted, "Get out of the rain, you'll get sick!" I didn't respond but instead turned my back to them. I wanted to stay in this rain, so what if I get sick, it wasn't like I really cared. "Macy, come back in the house!"

 And do what exactly? I found myself wondering. I go back in the house and do what? I wasn't going to sit there so Miss Congeniality could apologise and say that she did mean all those things she said. I knew deep in her heart she did mean it.

"Macy," It was Casey who spoke this time. I closed my eyes and breathed from my nose, I didn't want to hear voice now, "c'mon back inside before you get sick."

Instead, I went forward and walked further away from the house, "Macy, where are you going?" Another voice shouted but I only picked up the pace, "Macy, Macy!" With every time my name was called my feet took me further in quick choppy steps and before I knew it I was running away from the voices calling after me.

I didn't really think of where I was going when I stormed away from the house, nor did I care. The weather hadn't improved the slightest, in fact it was pouring even harder and harsher. Every hit from the rain droplets were like icy needles that seeped into my skin and melted. But regardless the weather, I didn't let this waver my determination to simply march out and be on my own. But at the same time, though, I wanted to give up, on what? I didn't know.

All around me the settings changed. I went from cabin-like house surrounded by nature to the daunting woods. I trotted through the sticks, logs and bushes that served as obstacles through my journey. I climbed through the thickets and found myself a small clearing that was surrounded by vine-like leaves and mud. It was dry and warm and would serve as shelter for no rain could touch me there.

I knew I could have been on my own in the safety arms of the house but at this moment I didn't want to be anywhere near there. I didn't want to see Casey's pitying eyes, or the others inquiring looks or even Jacob concerned face. I pulled my knees under me and put my head down in my arms.

At least I had the father and was cherished by not only my parents but by your mother as well! Heck, I bet she even cherished me more than you! And I bet even the people here cherish me!

I let out a sigh that turned into a jagged sob, but as soon as it left my mouth I caught it. I pressed my lips together and frowned. I couldn't believe I had cried in front of them. I let Casey turn me out like that? Ugh, what was wrong with me? I let her words get to me so quickly. And no matter how hard I tried they still echoed in my thoughts.

At least I'm not like some outsider like you

Everything seemed so perfect without me.

Maybe I wanted to stop trying to fit in? Maybe I wanted to go home. Maybe I longed for the days my life had no complications, no struggle of who I was. The days that consisted of me, Crad, and Nikki. Where the fuck did that go?

Oh, right...

My mother shipped it away on a plane. Shipped her only daughter on  a plane. Well, I guess I wasn't her only daughter since she apparently considered Casey as her daughter as well. I've been away from my best friends for months and during my stay here in la push, nothing but shit has happened. I jumped from a cliff that was tripled anything I've ever jumped, gotten lost in the woods and severely injured myself, lost my glasses, punched a dude's face and managed to break my hand...twice. A guy is missing because of me! I also fallen into a little something more than like with a guy who couldn't possibly return my feelings, and somehow choose him over my best friend and now she hated me. And top of all that I hit my head and got amnesia, so I couldn't even remember what happened. As if this all wasn't punishment enough, my mother dearest sent my worst enemy to me.