I close my eyes, to lessen the burning. How can he forget our tales?

Our bodily tales, our heartly tale, our lovely tale.

Maybe we were just an unfortunate lover, who meet to separate. Then, why again we meet. When even I can't look at mirror without, dropping my eyes in shame, for snatching a child father.

"What have you thought about it?"

Blinking away the tears, I turn to face Pretti, who places a steaming cup of black coffee on the table before joining me. Grateful, I wrap my cold hands around the warmth. As the hot liquid soothes my throat, I express my thoughts, "I think it's a good opportunity for us."

"Bravo!" she exclaims out, flaunting her teeth.

Rayer got an invitation, a chance to prepare the bouffe of a new year eve event. Zubaid Miller is a big noun, and getting to manage the food and beverage of his part like a once in blue opportunity. I had rather grab it than let it go from my hand. I want to make Rayer touch the success of sky, and give Veer a good future. I refuse to stand idle and let people stomp over me. I refuse to be passive.

"You made the right choice." I smile at her, crinkling my puffed eye.

Sipping her coffee, she furrowed her brows, uttering, "He even sent an invitation for you to attend. Are you going?"

I nod, "It's a big opportunity, and I don't want to mess it up. God forbids, but if anything happens at least I will be on the spot to manage it." Pretti passes me her raised thumb.

"Okay, I will send a mail to his manager." She gets up, taking her coffee along with herself, rushing out from the room.

Later, we discuss the inventory and items to be needed for preparing the listed order. The hectic day hardly served me a minute to home the ominous thoughts. No, they didn't leave they poisoned my body, making it tired and restless, even made my palms turn cold and brought shivers.

Waving goodbye to my coworkers, I head home. The passing beach captivates me with its enchanting nature, evoking memories of early mornings. Day or night, the waves unfailingly find their way back to shore. I can't help but wonder, where would he be staying?

If he was in this beach, that meant he lived somewhere nearby. And, he is here for one month. Why? I press my teeth on my lips, but no answer came. It's obvious, that no answer will come out since I had no theory to that. Yet, the overthinking of me never stopped. Staying there for few minutes, when the cold wind felt unbearable, puffed eyes more swollen, I make my way.

When I walk in the familiar neighborhood, I lift my ducked head. Pushing back my unruly hair strand, I make my way towards the crowd of my neighbor girls. Who giggled, making their body shake, and legs refusing to stand in one place. I spot Leela in between, tapping her fingers on her chin, moving her body rhythmically.

"What is going on?" I ask to no one particular.

They shout, scaring the shit out of me.

"Oh, Kiraz Didi, you scared us." One with braces, says with shallow breath, keeping her fisted hands on her chest just like mine.

I breath out,"You also," adding, "Why are you all standing in a group? Did something happen?"

"Yes," Another squeal out. I push the straps of my purse, leaning my head a little. See, I was not lying when I told, I become a noisy neighbor.

"We were talking about our neighbor, about the one you said to me." Leela mentions. My face morphs in confusion, as I probe, "What about them?"

"Them?" braces girl speaks.