driving lesson trauma :-)

Idea by Princessfun1

----------------------------
1976
-------

"I swear, if you ask me to come over just to make a cup of tea for you, I will feed your wallpaper to Robert." Y/N threatened, chuckling under her breath.

"Don't do that!" Freddie gasped, a soft laugh ringing through the landline. "It's not time for my afternoon tea yet, darling. Get it right!" He teased, twisting the telephone cord around his finger as he leaned against the counter, the cool marble smooth against his skin.

"Oh, bugger off." Y/N huffed, a smile playing at her lips as she sat up on her countertop, her head resting against her cabinet, stifling a laugh behind her sealed lips.

"You know you love me, my dear." He joked, a smile crinkling the corners of his eyes. The crispy winter air flowed through his open window, the occasional speck of snow adorning his windowsill.

"You wish." Y/N scoffed, her retort met by silence on the other end of the line. Freddie clicked his tongue, raising an eyebrow.

"The disrespect. I have taken personal offense." He remarked, holding a hand over his heart in mock-offense. "How dare you say such a thing to a rock star."

"Freddie, just because you're famous doesn't mean everyone in the world bows down to you, y'know." Y/N pointed out, placing a hand on her hip.

"Yeah, they bend over for me." Freddie quipped nonchalantly, silence ringing through the other side of the call.

"Why did you call me, again?" Y/N changed the subject, an anxious laugh bubbling up in her throat.

"Oh, yeah, I was wondering if you could help me make a sandwich." He requested, a hopeful grin spreading across his lips.

"Can't you make yourself a sandwich?" Y/N sighed, pulling her knees up to her chest in impatience, tapping her head against the cabinet. The smell of coffee wafted through the house, tainting the fresh smell of winter.

"Nope." Freddie replied, picking at pieces of lint on his leather jeans.

"You're such a spoiled brat." Y/N muttered, though her voice rang clearly through the other end of the line.

"Hmm? What was that?" Freddie murmured, a smirk twisting his expression, satisfaction dripping from his words.

"You're a spoiled brat." Y/N chided, gritting her teeth. Her hand gave way to a slight tremble as the temptation to slam the phone down nearly overtook her. "You can't even drive a car."

"Well then teach me, darling!" Freddie exclaimed, a genuine smile lighting up his face, bouncing on his feet, the landline telephone shifting.

"Sorry- what?" Y/N slipped for a second, her hand skidding across the smooth surface of her counter, her lips parting as her eyes widened.

"Teach me. If it bothers you so much that I can't drive, you should teach me." He repeated, tapping the counter rhythmically as he waited for her to respond.

"Um...okay. I'll be at your house in ten minutes tops, then we can um, come back around here and drive around my neighbourhood for a bit." Y/N planned, her cheeks tinged a rosy shade of pink. 

"See you then, lovie. Don't die, bye!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright. Are you ready for your first-ever driving lesson?" Y/N inquired, climbing out of the driver's seat. Freddie clambered out of the car, nodding shakily.