It all went by so fast.

TW: 1991 (that's enough of a trigger warning itself)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1971
--------

"So... Am I finally getting to meet these friends of yours?" Y/N smirked, leaning in the doorway as Brian smiled.

"Yes, yes. Now come on!" He beckoned her out of her door, flapping his arms about wildly as he bounced up and down with anticipation.

Sighing, Y/N nudged her door closed, sauntering out onto the sidewalk to walk next to Brian. The sun beat down on their heads, the humidity from the hot summer day creeping along their skin as beads of sweat gathered at their hairlines.

"Okay. Um, so the blondie is kind of crazy, horny, but he's really sweet if you don't turn him on." Brian blurted, his cheeks turning bright red as Y/N doubled over with laughter.

"I have no clue where that came from, but- thanks for the uh- warning, I guess!" She chortled, more laughs rolling off her tongue as the moment replayed in her head.

"Moving on um... There's Dea- I mean John. He doesn't talk much, but he could probably get away with murder. And not in the good way. He literally could." Brian chuckled weakly, rubbing at the back of his neck. Y/N raised an eyebrow inquisitively, her thoughts lingering on the mental image of this potential murderer.

"That's... interesting." She snickered, a smile spreading across her face as the sun shone brightly overhead, lighting the walkway ahead of them as they continued ambling down the sidewalk.

"And then there's Freddie. I think you'd really like him." Brian shrugged, biting on the inside of his cheek as he searched for the words to describe Freddie.

"Oh? What makes you say that?" Y/N blushed lightly, repressing a giggle as Brian stumbled over the words to define him.

"He has the voice of an angel. He's demure, but he's not hard to talk to. He's also really sweet and sensitive." Brian met my eyes, a glimmer of hope in them. "He's also lonely." He blurted.

Y/N facepalmed.

"Brian. You don't just say that!" Though she had to admit she was fighting back a fit of laughter as Brian attempted to defend himself.

"Well- I- He said it himself! Anyways uh, this is the park they said to meet them at." Brian shut down the conversation before it began.

With a grand sweep of his arms, he gestured towards the hills in front of the pair. Grass the color of malachite ran over the hills, speckled with flowers of a fuchsia hue. Their petals extended outwards, gentle rays of sunlight bouncing across the beautiful view.

Three people danced around on the hilltop, their figures blurred due to distance. One of them balanced in a remarkable handstand, his shirt flying down and exposing his torso. Another one, a few inches taller, cheered him on. 

Before ramming into him, sending them both tumbling down the hillside. The other one burst out laughing, the melodious sound traveling through the range of hills.

Y/N's heart fluttered at the sound of his laugh, her cheeks dusted pink as she giggled slightly. She and Brian walked in silence up the hilltop, the grass curling around their ankles as the trudged up, their steps becoming increasingly heavy as an unfamiliar shyness settled over Y/N.

I haven't even seen him yet. I'm getting too ahead of myself.

Y/N attempted to suppress the thoughts, though they flowed through her mind like a steady stream, each potential reality sending her heart leaping into her throat as they grew closer and closer to the hilltop.