Across The Universe

I gave up on having an updating schedule LMAO sorry. I'm just going to try and make sure I update enough to keep it alive. This book is probably going to be my main focus, just because it's the most fun to write!! 

I'm also going to try something kind of new...this one isn't going to be an imagine, just a one-shot, because I wanted to have Bri, Rog, and Deaks in this, and I feel like if Y/N's in it as well, it feels a little awkward and stiff for this story? But if you guys like the idea and would want me to write another with Y/N, don't hesitate to let me know!

Don't ask about the title, BTW. I'm listening to the song and don't know what else to name this chapter.

1977
------

"Disgusting fucking hour to be awake at. Honestly." Roger grumbled, shuffling into the kitchen. "I need coffee!" He declared, his voice coming out as a croak.

Brian glanced up from his book, glasses resting at the tip of his nose as he leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Get it yourself." He murmured, chuckling weakly as he prodded the bag of coffee grounds closer towards the blond.

"Someone's in a great mood." Rog remarked, raising an eyebrow as a faint frown twitched at the edges of Brian's lips.

"Oh, don't ask like you don't feel the same." Brian scoffed, turning away, his face engulfed in shadows. "He's going to miss us, and we're going to miss him, and we're all going to be a mess for the next month."

"Does he even want to leave?" Roger inquired, glancing towards the hallway, where Freddie was just beginning to wake up, the faint hum of soft music droning under the ambience of the early morning.

Not sure if 3am qualifies as morning or night.

"I don't think Freddie wants to leave." John chimed in, ambling into the room with his fingers wrapped around a steaming mug. "Morning." He mumbled.

"Has he said something to you?" Brian asked, a shred of light from the lamp reflecting in his eyes as he swiveled around to give Deaky a small smile.

"No, but I can tell." Deaky shrugged, searching for the words. "He's been avoiding us, which means he's sad. He doesn't avoid us unless something is bothering him." He reasoned, nervousness on behalf of Freddie worming through his mind.

"Should we talk to him about it, or do you think that might not...?" Roger trailed off, exchanging an anxious glance with Brian and John.

"I don't know about you two, but I'm not letting my best friend leave for a month without knowing that he'll be okay. I know he's going to be safe, obviously, he's going to be with his friends...but I don't want him to be upset." John winced, gazing longingly down the hallway.

"Who wants to see if he's awake?" Roger asked, backing away slightly.

Brian sighed and raised his hand.

"I'll do it." Brian grimaced, earning a nod of approval from Roger and Deaky. "Wish me luck."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Freddie hadn't wanted to shut them out like this.

It made guilt plague his thoughts as he sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the suitcase leaning against the wall.

Exhaustion weighed down his eyelids, though guilt countered all of his tiredness.

A gentle knock sounded from his door.

"Freddie, I'm coming in." Brian announced, his voice muffled slightly. He twisted the doorknob, giving the door a gentle push. It slid out of the door frame, and in stepped Brian.