Chapter 34: Making History

Jade

When I woke up, Hachi was licking me awake to take him out. I looked around the room and everyone was in the same place as when I fell asleep. I also looked at my phone to see what time it is and it's 6:30am. Which means I am going to have to wake everyone up when I get back.

So I slipped out of Nika's arms and slipped on my shoes to go take Hachi out. Once I made down to the lobby, the person running the front desk told me good morning and said it back before walking out of the hotel.

As I was making my way back to the room, Riley messaged me saying that she made it here, so after our game this afternoon we will be going dress shopping. I messaged her back saying that I will see her at the game.

When I walked back into the room, everyone was already awake and by the looks on their faces they were worried about something.

Maddie- There you are.

Jade- Here I am.

Hana- We were wondering where you went?

Jade- I was only gone for maybe 10 minutes.

Paige- Well you were not here when we all woke up, so we were worried. Just not as worried as Nika over there.

I looked over at Nika, and made my way over to her. When I reached her I just wrapped my arms around her.

Jade- You know that I would never leave you.

Nika- I know, but it did scare me a little bit when I woke and saw that you were not here at all.

Jade- Next time I will tell you.

Nika- You better.

Maddie- Anyways Jade, Hana and I have to get ready and meet up with the rest of the team because we play in 4 1/2 hours.

Paige- So you are kicking us out.

Maddie- Thanks for understanding.

We just all laughed and Nika kissed me and said that she will see me at the game. I watched as Paige and Nika left. Before we started to get ready.

... 3 hours later...

We finally got done eating as a team and now just arriving to the UConn softball stadium. When we showed up the media was there waiting for us. Coach told us to just grab our bags and then head straight inside. She wants us to focus on the game ahead, so we all did exactly what she said.

The moment I walked off the bus, they started to crowd around me until Hachi followed me off. They gave me space because of him, and I am just so grateful to have Hachi by my side.

The moment we made it into the stadium, Hana hugged me and Maddie before going to find her seat. Nika, Paige, Riley, and the rest of them are all sitting next to each other behind home plate.

Anyways I headed to the locker room to change. We are wearing our black jerseys today. Once we finished changing we headed through the tunnel to get to the dugout. I was carrying my bag with all of my equipment, and that's when I started to put my bat in the bat holder and put my helmet on the shelf with the rest of our helmets. Then I walked out onto the field to warm up with the rest of my teammates.

We did pole to poles, stretched, and played catch before we went into hitting off Ts. After that I went to go put on my catching gear so I could warm up Sky's arm, but Coach called me over. Coach was in the middle of her pre game interview when she called me over.

Jade- Yes Coach

Coach- They were just asking me about the pitching calls. And I told them that I barely ever make pitching decisions.