Chapter 2: In Rome

Jade

This morning I woke up with a lot of excitement. I decided to just wear comfortable clothes and sunglasses. I decided to wear joggers because I usually get cold on the plane. Then I just paired it with a plain t shirt and brought a jacket just in case.

When I finished getting dressed and ready. I grabbed my bags and headed down stairs. When I made it down stairs Mr. James took my bags from me and put them in my dad's Jeep. My dad was in the kitchen drinking coffee when I walked in.

Dex- Ready to go Jay?

Yes I am just waiting on Hana and Hayden. Which Hana is probably ready but you know Hayden.

Dex- I most certainly do. (Both laughing).

Even though I am only going away for a week I am still going to miss you Dad.

Dex- I am going to miss you too Jay.

I ended up grabbing a pop tart to eat while I waited for the other two.

When they finally came down the stairs with their bags, they grabbed something quick to eat before we headed to the airport.

Luckily I didn't get noticed until after the security checkpoint. I signed a couple of autographs and took pictures. So did Hana and Hayden, but we didn't mind especially since it helped time move faster.

When it was time to board we were all excited. They let me have the window seat and Hana sat in the middle. I took a picture of all three of us and posted it on my story with the caption " Off to Rome". After I did that I turned my phone to airplane mode and got comfortable for the flight.

We talked about all the things we were going to see in Rome and how excited I am. I can't wait to see the Trevi fountain and the Roman Colosseum. Plus we get to see so many other historic sites. After the three days there we will head to Croatia. I'm just so excited to get away from all the drama and press.

We had to switch planes when we got to JFK. But it went a lot smoother than we expected. We had to wait 30 minutes to board the next plane. I ended up reading a National Geographic magazine that I brought with me. Hayden likes to call me a nerd for reading it but I love reading about history and learning about new things.

We sat in the same order as the last plane. This plane ride was the longest, so we entertained ourselves with reading, watching a movie, and playing Mario kart on the switch. Of course Hayden won most of the time, because I don't really play video games as often anymore. Then Hayden ended up falling asleep towards the end of the flight. But that gave Hana time to talk to me without him butting into our conversation.

Hana- Jade have you decided if you are ready to give Nika another chance and clear the air?

Honestly I am definitely considering clearing the air, but I don't know if a relationship is a good idea right now. Especially since Nika is heading into her senior year. Plus we will be separated from each other most of the year like last year and I don't want her to lose focus. Plus we had a hard time making time for each other.

Hana- I totally understand, but look at me and Hayden we will be separated most of the year. He will be on the bowling tour and we will be at Ball State. It will be our love that will hold us together. So the question is, are you still in love with Nika?

Of course I am still in love with Nika. It's like gravity is pulling me towards her because we belong together.

Hana- So what is the problem?

According to my therapist it's doubt and all of the unanswered questions. So because of that I can't be a 100% in the relationship. But I also feel like I will hold her back.