Chapter 25: Looking Towards the Future

Nika

I still can't believe that Jade and I made our relationship public, and I am still buzzing about it. I feel like the happiest person in the world right now.

After we left Gampel, we went out and celebrated with my parents and Hana. We just ended up talking the whole time. We talked about basketball, softball, etc. But the best part was that Jade and I don't have to hide anymore. So I actually got to hold her hand, and we didn't have to worry about anyone seeing up together.

I know that my sister and parents are happy for me. They know how much Jade means to me. I even told my parents that someday I am going to marry Jade. Because I just knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Jade. I hope she feels the same way about me.

I never told Jade that I want to marry her, because I know that she has been through so much and I don't want to scare her away. But honestly I think it's getting to the point where I want to talk to her about our future together.

I haven't made up my mind about if I will be coming back to UConn next year or not. I have just been thinking about this year. Plus I want to find out if Paige and Aaliyah are going to be back next year. If both of them decided to stay for one more year then I would stay too.

But I also hate that Jade and I are so far apart most of the year. So yeah there's a lot of stuff to talk about before next year.

After we finished visiting with my family for the night, we decided to head back to Jade's hotel room. And that's where we made up for all the lost time we spent apart from each other. It was honestly the best night of my life.

When I woke up this morning, Hachi came over to me and that's when I realized that he needed to go out. So I slipped away from Jade and got dressed before taking Hachi outside.

While we were outside, I just looked at my phone and I had so many notifications and messages. I messaged Paige back telling her that I will meet up with her later. Then I looked through some of the articles that are trending. Most of them are about Jade and I getting together, and it was mostly all positive. I know my fans are happy about us getting together.

When Hachi was done we went back inside. I crawled back into bed with Jade, and I woke her up on accident.

Jade- Why are you so cold?

I just came back in from letting Hachi out.

Jade pulls me closer to her and holds me tight.

Jade- Let me help warm you up since you were nice enough to let Hachi out.

With that I kiss her. I love her so much. We stay like this until she finally looks at the clock.

Jade- I have a meeting to get to while I'm here.

What kind of a meeting?

Jade- I wish I could tell you but I legitimately can't tell you yet. But I can tell you that this meeting is a good thing.

Well I guess I will be patient and you can tell me about it whenever you can tell me.

Jade- I just hope everything goes well.

I believe everything will work out.

We kiss one more time before getting out of bed and getting ready for the day. I watch Jade as she dresses up in a power suit, and she is definitely killing it in that suit. I wish I could just pull her back to bed, but I settled with just telling her that she looks amazing and confident in that suit.

Since she is wearing a suit I knew that the meeting is an important one. As we walked out of the hotel, she told me that she will see me after the meeting. She also reminded me that her family is flying in today.