Chapter 27: Seeing Our Future

Nika

I kept thinking about the conversation I had with Hana last night. I know that I have a big decision to make, and the conversation I had with Hana definitely made my decision easier.

It's 5am and I'm just laying here holding the love of my life. I'm always going to choose her, because she means the world to me. That's why I messaged Paige and Aaliyah last night to tell them that I made up my mind. I told them that I am staying at UConn, and to my surprise they are too.

We decided not to go public with our decision until senior night. Which I am so excited for. It just feels like everything is just falling into place right now. I'm honestly happy.

I look down at Jade, and I try to imagine her reaction when I tell her that I have decided to stay here at UConn. I hope she is as excited as me. Like I told everyone else, I am ready for the next step of our relationship.

Jade finally woke up around 7am. She looks up at me with the biggest smile and says...

Jade- Good Morning

Nika- Good Morning Jay. How did you sleep?

Jade- I slept well. How long have you been awake?

Nika- A couple of hours, but I slept well too. I just have to get ready for practice.

Jade- How long is your practice today?

Nika- We have a long practice today. We are watching film before we practice in the gym. So I probably will not be done until 1pm.

Jade- How am I supposed to survive without you?

Nika- I promise I will make it up to you.

Jade- I am going to hold you to that.

I leaned down and kissed her. She kissed me back and I felt like the happiest person in the whole world.

Jade- By the way I was invited to a party tonight. The UConn softball team is hosting, and I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me.

Nika- Of course I will go with you.

She smiles and kisses me one more time before she tries to get out of bed. But I grabbed her and asked...

Nika- Where are you going?

Jade- We have to get up because you have to go to practice.

I know that she's right, so I let her go and got up too. We got dressed, and did our morning routine together. Someday we will be able to do this together every morning together.

After we finish getting dressed and around for the day, we head downstairs to grab something to eat. We ended up making eggs and toast, and it was delicious.

A few minutes later, Paige was here to take me to practice. I kissed Jade goodbye and told her that I will see her after practice. She just smiles and tells me that she loves me, and I told her that I will always love her.

Once I made to Paige's car, I can already see all the things that she wants to ask me. So I opened the door and sat in the passenger seat. It didn't even take 5 seconds for her to ask me the first question.

Paige- So how did it go with the parents meeting each other?

Nika- My parents like Jade's family, and everything went well until...

Paige- What happened?

Nika- Jade's mom showed up. No one knew that she was coming except for Caden, because he wanted her to be here for the engagement party tomorrow night.

Paige- How did everyone handle that situation?

Nika- At first it was bad, Dex was actually arguing with her. We were all there watching it all play out. But Jade ended up running out the back door, because she still is not talking to her mother. I don't blame her because of everything that happened. I actually kinda told Addie off and stood up for Jade. I told her that if she is not going to accept Jade for who she is, she should just not try to mend things with Jade.