Chapter 14: Breaking News

Nika

I just finished watching the big announcement on ESPN about Sky Hamilton. They didn't show the whole event only bits and pieces. But I know that the press will definitely have the rest of it in articles for everyone to read in the morning. But they did show us part of the softball coach's speech. They showed us the players entering, and there reaction to Sky Hamilton entering. They even showed us Sky hugging her new teammates. But the thing that caught my eye was the kiss on the cheek she gave Jade.

I know that most people would think that I am over reacting about it, but it wasn't innocent. Sky Hamilton wants my girlfriend. After that we got to see Sky's speech and that was the last thing we got to see except for the players answering the question about what they think of Sky Hamilton playing with them for the season. Of course the last player to answer the question was Jade. Which she basically answered that Sky will be a great addition to the team.

After that ESPN went on to their next story, and that's when I decided to message Jade. I miss her so much and I want to make sure that she is okay.

Paige came in right after I sent Jade the message telling her that I watched it on ESPN, and I hope everything is going well because they only showed bits and pieces of the event.

Paige- Did you see the event on ESPN? I can't believe that Sky had the guts to kiss Jade on the cheek after the rejection she got back in August.

I can believe it. Sky told me that she wasn't giving up. She told me this outside the club. She also tried to convince me that she was the better option for Jade.

Paige- You didn't tell me that.

I know, but I am telling you now.

Paige- It will be okay Nika. Jade loves you and you love her. I don't think anything will ever break you guys up again.

I know, but Sky makes me so mad.

Paige- I totally understand. But at least we get to see her soon. Honestly I can't wait because Jade definitely knows how to light up the dance floor. I believe that she would do well on dancing with the stars if she ever gets the opportunity.

You can say that again. Plus I really miss her. Also she is gaining popularity especially with back to back championships and player or the year. So she might get the opportunity at some point.

Paige- Did you message her? I think the event should be over since it wasn't live.

I have messaged her, but she hasn't responded yet. But I only messaged her a few minutes ago. She could be busy with her team.

Paige- Did she at least read the message? Because she usually messages you back saying that she is out with her team and that she will call you when she is back.

I looked down at my phone and opened it up to see if she had read it. Which the moment I looked up from my phone Paige knew that Jade left me on read.

Paige- Has she ever left you on read before?

Well yeah, but that was when Sky Hamilton kissed me in front of her and everyone else.

Paige- That's weird. Maybe we should message Hana. Hana might know something.

I don't think we should start freaking out yet. If she doesn't message me or call me in a few minutes I will call Hana. Plus if something happened, I believe that Hana would have called me.

Paige- That is true. But I still have a bad feeling about it.

Honestly me too.

I looked back down at my phone willing Jade to message me and tell me that she is okay. After a few minutes my phone started to ring, but it wasn't the person I was waiting for.