Chapter 31: What's Next

Nika

So much has happened, and I am still shocked. The only good news was that Jade is transferring to UConn next year. She has a meeting with the softball coach at 1pm, so she can talk details. But otherwise yesterday was a disaster because of Matt.

...

After Riley took Jade to go chat, I ended up talking to Dex to figure out what was going on. I didn't expect Caden to invite Matt let alone ask him to be a groomsman. But apparently they became very close friends while Matt was dating Jade. Dex wasn't happy about it either, so we went to talk to Caden. We didn't want to make a scene in front of everyone, so we decided to wait until he was done talking to everyone.

After a little while, Dex noticed someone else. I could tell from his reaction that he was surprised to see him.

Dex- Hey Blake.

Blake- Hey Mr. Taylor. How are you?

Dex- I am doing good, and definitely excited about the engagement. I'm actually a little surprised to see you here.

Blake- Honestly I was surprised that Caden asked me to be a groomsman.

Dex- That is surprising. Oh and sorry where are my manners. Nika this is Blake Morris. He has been a friend of the family for years. And Blake this is...

Blake- Nika Muhl it's so great to finally meet you in person. I am a big fan of the UConn women's basketball team.

Nika- (I shook his hand). Well if you are a friend of the Taylor family, I am honored to meet you as well.

Blake- I am surprised you feel that way.

Nika- Why are you surprised?

Dex- Because he was Jade's first boyfriend.

Nika- So you are the boyfriend who cheated on her with two other girls?

Blake- So she did tell you about me.

Nika- She did, but I know that she has already forgiven you and she even told me about how you fended for her in court.

Blake- I was just speaking the truth. But I am going to give you a piece of advice. Don't let Jade slip through your fingers because she is an amazing person. You will definitely regret losing her.

Nika- That's why I am not planning to.

Blake- It was nice meeting you and seeing you again Mr. Taylor. But I got to finish making the rounds.

So with that we watched him walk away. Me and Dex actually believe that he is a nice guy, but just made mistakes in high school. But not too long after that I realized that Jade hasn't came back from talking to Riley. So I started to look around the room, and of course I don't see her.

A few minutes later, I see Paige talking to Carson. I can tell that Paige took Jade's advice, but again no Jade. That's when Dex said that he sees Riley talking to Sky and a couple other guests.

Dex- I think that they invited all of Jade's exes.

Nika- I believe they did unless she has an ex I don't know about. But let's go see what's going on and see if she knows where Jade is?

As we both started to approach Riley, we saw the guilt cross her face the moment she saw us. She actually excused herself and told us to follow her out of the packed room. We ended up in the hallway next to the kitchen.

But we ended up arguing over the fact they would do this to Jade. Riley said that she was against Caden for inviting Matt for obviously reasons, but she couldn't tell him no. Jade has forgiven Blake a couple years back, so they knew she would be okay with him being here. But Riley doesn't know what happened between Jade and Sky, so she thought it ended okay.