Jane nodded pulling her sleeve back down, hating to see that stupid mark knowing that she belonged to a curse put there by an infamous witch.

"So you know that whatever Levi and Luke do, we can do?"

Jane narrowed her eyes, "Where are you going with this?"

Anouchka clapped her hands together, "Psychometry. You and I won't be strong enough to see the past or the future, but we may just have enough strength to look into the present. Luke and I did it once, so I remember how to do it. But it has to be done with at least two people."

Jane felt her eyes widen as she looked at Anouchka incredulously, "Psychometry? Is that even a real thing? Sounds like some type of maths..."

"Sure it is," Anouchka, pulled a crumpled photo from her pocket, seating herself on the couch, "All we need is an object belonging to the person and we can get a feel for their... psychic disposition."

"Psychic disposition? Please feel free to start speaking English any time soon."

Anouchka sat cross legged and smoothed the picture over her knee, "It's kind of like live streaming a person, but through our minds. You and I won't be strong enough to see anything but the present, although it is possible to see past and future also."

"Great, so how exactly does this... live streaming through the mind, work exactly?"

With both hands held onto the edge of the photo Anouchka extended it towards Jane, "We hold it and we just think about them. Since the picture is of the two of them, it doesn't matter which one we concentrate on."

Looking at the photo in Anouchka's outstretched hands, Jane sat across from her and for the first time was able to see the photo clearly. It was an old picture that had seen better days, evident by the creases and wrinkles, but the image was still clear.

Standing in front of a ride in the middle of some type of theme park was a young Luke, Levi and Anouchka. The three look no more than fourteen and all look blissfully happy as they smile at the camera, arms around each other care free and smiling.

This picture was seemingly taken at a time when the curse wasn't drastically impacting their lives, when Jane had ever seen Levi smile like that she had no idea, but it broke her heart seeing how carefree he was before he met her.

"You all look so happy," Jane stated as she reached for the photo, "How old were you all in the picture?"

Anouchka didn't meet Jane's eyes as she answered, "The twins were thirteen and I was still twelve."

Jane didn't say anything, she knew that there was more behind this time in their lives that Anouchka was letting on and she wanted to know. They all looked so euphorically happy in this picture and she wanted to know why.

Smiling, she gently nudged Anouchka as if to say, 'go on.'

"We were so young, but Luke and I just knew." Anouchka shrugged, "It didn't matter to us that our wolves hadn't matured yet, we still only had one year before Luke's wolf went crazy and took over. It happened on my thirteenth birthday actually... one moment I was opening my presents, the next I was spending the rest of my life keeping myself from my mate."

Anouchka wiped her eyes with one hand and clutched the picture with the other, "What kind of life is that for a wolf? Having to keep away from your soul mate?"

Jane was starting to come across that dilemma. She always thought that death would be far worse then what Anouchka had gone through, but sitting across from her now she couldn't be certain. Of course she still wanted to live, there wasn't a single doubt in her mind about that, but she wasn't sure that her option of death was as worse as she once thought.