Daisy In Flowerworld

Daisy in Flowerworld. How do you get to Flowerworld? Over the hills or underland, or just behind the tree or somewhere over the rainbow.

Daisy in Flowerworld. Where is the path to Flowerworld? Where is the world beyond our sight?

                                                                  ***

"Come here, Rufus," said Daisy as she chased after her dog.

Rufus was running around the front yard, heading towards the flowerbeds in the garden. He wasn't the most obedient dog.

Daisy's mother had spent many months tending to the flowers. She made sure no weeds would get in the way of the flowers. The garden, with its variety of flowers, was her pride. She was planning to enter her garden in the annual "Flower Festival" for the "Best Garden" competition.

Daisy was tasked by her mother to keep her dog, Rufus, out of the garden. Daisy had so far managed to keep Rufus out. Today she had to do the same. She needed to catch up with Rufus before it became too late.

Daisy reached Rufus and put the leash on him, tying it to a fence away from the garden. Rufus could run around in that part of the yard without Daisy worrying about him.

Daisy went up to the flowerbed and greeted the flowers, pondering if they understood her.

"In a world of my own, all the flowers would have extra special powers. They would sit and talk to me for hours when I'm lonely in a world of my own," said Daisy.

Daisy sat near a bed of red roses and imagined the roses talking to her. What fascinating conversation they would have with her.

As Daisy dreamed away, her hand hit a small metal box on the ground. Daisy looked down to find the box. Opening it, she found biscuits with the words "eat me" written in icing. Intrigued by the writing on the biscuits, Daisy took one out of the box and took a small bite.

The biscuit was sweet and delicious, just like the ones her mother made. Her mother must have left the box of biscuits out in the garden for her. Daisy felt her skin tighten. She stood up to find that her feet were closer to her body. She had suddenly shrunk.

"I've shrunk to the size of the flowers in the garden," said Daisy to herself.

Now the size of the flowers, Daisy walked through the tall grass until she came to the garden. She had arrived at an area in the garden where different varieties of flowers were growing together.

"Excuse me!" called out Daisy to the flowers.

"Yes," said a voice.

Daisy turned around to find that the sunflower had spoken. The flowers did understand her. All this time, just because she wasn't the right size, she wasn't able to hear them reply to her conversations.

"I seem to have lost my way and was wondering if you knew the way out," said Daisy.

"You're asking the wrong person," said the sunflower. "I wouldn't know the way to anywhere as I have never moved from my spot. If you don't mind, we better get back to our singing rehearsal."

"May I join in?" asked Daisy.

"Of course," said the sunflower. "You can continue singing after Lily."

Daisy looked around to find the Lily flower. She went up to it and stood beside it.

"1, 2, 3," said the sunflower.

"The Morning Glory blows its trumpet every single morning," sang the Morning Glory, then made a trumpet sound.

"The Orchid brings harmony to any group it's among," sang the Orchid.

"The Violet plays its strings like a violin," sang the Violet.

"The Bellflower rings its petals like a bell," sang the Bellflower.

"The Lily flower plays the flute of nature," sang the Lily.

"You can learn a lot from flowers, especially in the Morning Glory. The Bluebells ring in the day. The Snapdragon says 'Forget Me Not'. All in the Morning Glory," sang Daisy.

Everyone stopped playing music using nature. The song was over.

"Who are you?" asked the Orchid.

"Daisy," replied Daisy.

"A very unusual daisy," said the Tulip.

"There is nothing unusual about me," said Daisy.

"Daisy flowers don't look anything like you," said Orchid.

"I'm not a flower," said Daisy.

"She's a weed!" exclaimed Tulip.

All the flowers gasped in shock. They started shooing at Daisy until she left.

Daisy walked through the tall grass until she arrived at a mushroom. On top of the mushroom was a caterpillar. The caterpillar opened its eyes and stared at Daisy.

"Who are you?" questioned the caterpillar.

"I'm a girl," said Daisy.

"And what do you want?" asked the caterpillar.

"To find my way home and I want to be my normal height, taller than I am now," said Daisy.

"Eat one end of the mushroom, and you will be tall again," said the caterpillar.

Daisy broke a piece off the mushroom and ate it. Disappointed that nothing happened, she walked off. As she started to walk, she tripped over something on the ground and lost consciousness.

Waking up, she found herself at her right height, lying on the ground near the flowerbed. How had she got back here? Was she dreaming all along?