Butterfly

Jimmy was waiting at the train station when a piece of paper came flying through the air and stuck to his arm. A lady quickly approached to retrieve the paper, placing it back into the file it had slipped out of. Once she finished, she stood a few feet away from Jimmy, also waiting for the train.

As a train arrived on the platform, a butterfly fluttered in between them. They both glanced at the butterfly simultaneously, locking eyes. The lady giggled, and Jimmy followed suit. As Jimmy stopped giggling, he noticed the lady boarding the train that had arrived on the platform. As the train left, the lady looked out the window at Jimmy.

Jimmy sat at work, pondering the lady he had met at the train station. He couldn't focus on his work; he didn't even know her name or who she was. As sadness overcame him, he glanced out the window to see the lady working at a desk in a room in the opposite building.

Jimmy opened the window and began yelling and waving, but it was too far for the lady to hear him. A butterfly fluttered inside his office building, while another fluttered inside the other office building where the lady was working. Soon, more butterflies fluttered inside both buildings.

Jimmy wrote a message on a paper that was on his desk, folded the paper into an airplane, and threw it out the window, aiming at the open window in the opposite office building where the lady was sitting at her desk. The paper airplane hit a butterfly and crashed to the ground.

Jimmy's boss walked into the office and saw numerous butterflies fluttering around Jimmy. He waved his hands at the butterflies until they moved towards the window and were outside. He closed the window with a loud 'bang'. He scowled at Jimmy, indicating that he should be working. Jimmy immediately got back to work.

Jimmy went on his computer and found the telephone number of the office in the next building. When he called the number, no one picked up. Glancing out the window, he saw that the lady was no longer at her desk. She had left the office and was coming out of the building with a trail of numerous butterflies following her.

Jimmy rushed out of the office building and onto the street in an attempt to meet the lady once more. However, as he emerged onto the street, he realised that the lady was long gone. He had missed his chance to meet the lady again.

A butterfly fluttered up to him. Jimmy shooed it away. Why were the butterflies attracted to him like a magnet? They were getting in his way.

As Jimmy stomped down the street, the butterfly came fluttering back. He shooed at it again. Unknown to him, a trail of numerous butterflies were following him. The other butterflies followed him and landed on him. He shooed at each one of them, thinking he was rid of the butterflies, or so he thought.

Like a magnet, numerous butterflies attacked him, surrounding him and altering the direction of his walk. He moved through traffic without any control over his body. The butterflies dictated his every move. Though Jimmy grabbed hold of a light post, the butterflies dragged him away, taking him up some stairs. Jimmy was helpless.

Jimmy suddenly stopped moving, still covered in butterflies. He looked up and saw the name of a fancy restaurant. Turning his head to the right, he found the lady being dragged by a bunch of butterflies, just like he was a moment ago.

The lady stopped right beside him, and the butterflies left both of them, fluttering off into the distance. The butterflies had done their task of bringing two people together.

Jimmy quickly went over to the flower shop next to the restaurant and bought a bouquet of flowers. As the lady smelled the flowers, the flowers turned into butterflies.

They both giggled as they entered the restaurant for lunch.