Alliance

"We can't let the underworld criminal boss get away with his plans," declared Thunderbolt. "I won't sit back and watch this play out. That's my vow."

Thunderbolt was the strongest among the group of powered individuals. A segment of the population had, under strange circumstances, been born with powers that manifested at a young age.

Thunderbolt had assembled a group of individuals with various powers to create an alliance against rampant corruption and villainy in the capital city. He assigned each member unique tasks based on the powers they possessed.

"Portal, how far can your portals travel?" inquired Thunderbolt.

"It can take us anywhere that I can see," answered Portal.

"We need to get to the other side of the city. Can you get us there?" asked Thunderbolt.

"A piece of cake," replied Portal.

"Beacon, you will light the way in the dark," said Thunderbolt.

"Yes, sir," replied Beacon.

"Chameleon, you'll disguise yourself as one of the criminal guards and infiltrate their organisation," declared Thunderbolt. "Psych, I need you to read our enemies' minds."

"I'll do my best," said Psych.

"The criminal ring is working with the Sentinels organisation. If the Sentinels catch any of us, they will take us away and lock us up in their high-security facility," said Beacon.

"The Sentinels are a problem. Not all of them have turned against the government. There are some who are still working with the government, just as some of us powered people are helping the government," said Thunderbolt.

"We need to be careful with the powered people who are working with the criminal ring. They know about our powers and can use that knowledge against us," said Chameleon.

"True, very true. We need to be extra careful," said Thunderbolt. "Tracer, we've been waiting for you. Did you find the location?"

Tracer took out a map with the location marked with an 'X'. Everyone gathered around to get a good look at the location.

"Portal, take us there. We need to find out their plan," said Thunderbolt.

Portal put her palms together, extending her hands apart, creating a mesmerizing glow of blue energy. The surge of energy from her fingertips formed a gateway to the location that Tracer had found. With the gateway now wide enough, each member of the group crossed through to the other side. Portal let go of the gateway and jumped through after everyone had crossed to the other side.

With guards everywhere, the group hid among the trees. Psych read one of the guard's mind.

"Chameleon, I need you to disguise as a guard and get rid of the two guards guarding the entrance to the building. The plan to kill the prime minister is inside the facility," said Psych.

"You two, the Sentinels' head guard is looking for both of you," said Chameleon.

"Must be important," said one of the guards.

"I'll watch over the main entrance," said Chameleon.

The two guards hurried off.

The rest of Chameleon's group members quietly approached her. Chameleon opened the door for them, and they each entered the facility.

Tracer touched the wall and closed his eyes.

"The plan is in the basement," said Tracer as he opened his eyes.

Tracer led the group to the basement. Upon arrival, they found themselves in darkness. Beacon opened his palm toward the ground, and a beam of light illuminated the area.

Tracer moved through the darkness with only Beacon illuminating the way. With slow, careful footsteps, the group reached a room at the end of the basement. Tracer attempted to turn the door handle, but the door was locked.

Thunderbolt instructed, "Stand back."

Thunderbolt ran into the door with all his strength, and the door swung open. They were in. The group searched each file cabinet until they found the plan.

"We need to foil the criminal ring's plan before it's too late," said Thunderbolt. "We need to inform the government."

"Can we leave now?" asked Psych.

"Portal, get us out of here," said Thunderbolt.

Portal formed a gateway with her hands, and the group left the basement room, returning to their base of operation. It was time to get the information to the government and foil the plan of the criminal ring.

"I don't think the criminal boss is prepared for what is coming his way," said Chameleon.

"Gather the rest of our members and anyone else who will fight with us," said Thunderbolt to Tracer. "If there is one thing he can't keep down, it's us and the strength we have."

"Who knows if we will succeed. But we won't stop and we won't retreat, knowing what we know now," said Tracer.

Tracer gathered all the other members of the group to fight against the criminal boss and his ring.

"Hugo is not the man he claims to be. He's more vicious than I could have comprehended," said Tracer to the members of the group. "When I first asked him for help to stop discrimination against powered people, this is not what I expected - a faction among the powered people and a plot to take over the capital city. He has now shown his true colours."

"I can't stop him on my own. If we don't fight, he knows he wins," said Thunderbolt.

"The lengths he'll go to spread his corruption and villainy, there is no limit," said Tracer. "There is one thing he loves more than himself, and it's power over everyone. I was fooled by his charm."

"Revolution, revolution, revolution!" chanted everyone in the group.