The Power Within

Bella, the kitchen maid, was having a heated argument with the kitchen boy in the kitchen.

"I don't have time for your nonsense," Bella said to Hank.

"It's not nonsense," said Hank.

"Just go away," yelled Bella.

A spark of purple energy shot from both of Bella's hands, and Hank was thrown to the ground. Hank got back on his feet and stared at Bella in surprise.

The town's resident witch, Helga, was in her cottage on the edge of town. She was busy playing her flute when a knock was heard at her door. Helga stopped playing her flute and magically opened the door. On the doorstep stood Bella.

"Come in, Bella," said Helga, noticing Bella's worried expression. "Something happened. Tell me about it."

"A spark shot from my hand," said Bella. "I was frustrated."

"This kingdom is otherworldly, full of magical beings," said Helga. "There are all kinds of magic. I am not the only witch that has called this place home, and when I look at you."

"You're saying that I might be a witch?" asked Bella.

"I believe you are the witch from the prophecy. The reincarnation of the High Grand Witch. She is not born; she is forged. She has no coven. She is the light in the darkness," said Helga.

"That's impossible," said Bella.

"Tell me what happened with your hand?" asked Helga.

"I was really annoyed and had these bottled up feelings, so I wanted to let them out. I went like this," said Bella, spreading her hands and fingers to demonstrate how the sparks formed.

As Bella spread her hands and fingers, nothing happened. Not a single spark was seen. She spread her hands and fingers again and became frustrated.

"I look like an idiot," said Bella in frustration.

A sudden burst of sparks emitted from both of her hands, knocking down objects in Helga's cottage.

"So it only happens when you are angry. This is not good," said Helga. "Maybe I can teach you to control your powers."

Soon, Helga was teaching Bella to control her anger and channel her powers to make feathers float and turn pages with her hands.

"Runes?" asked Bella, reading the page the book was now open on.

"They are symbols, and in a given space, only the witch that cast them can use their magic," explained Helga.

"Can you teach me?" asked Bella.

"You are not ready yet," said Helga. "It is highly advanced magic."

"I can do it," said Bella confidently.

"Once you've controlled your powers, we can talk about it," said Helga.

"That will take ages," said Bella.

"This is the rule of magic," said Helga.

"How am I the witch from the prophecy, if I can't even control my magic," said Bella.

"In time, you will learn to control your magic," said Helga.

Bella, frustrated, stormed out of the cottage.

As the sun began to set, word spread of a mysterious dark force in the kingdom. The king summoned the best witches and wizards to come together and use their powers against the enemy. One by one, each of them fell as the enemy gained the upper hand.

As darkness fell over the kingdom, it slowly approached the town where Bella resided. People had barricaded their homes and did not dare to venture out. They were afraid of what was coming.

With no hope left for the kingdom, Bella had to do something. What if she was really the High Grand Witch from the prophecy?

"I am the High Grand Witch," announced Bella as she stood on the empty streets in her town.

Immediately after the announcement, Bella was thrown against a building by the dark force.

"You are the High Grand Witch?" laughed a witch standing in the street.

"Whoever you are, you and your darkness need to leave this kingdom," said Bella as she got back on her feet.

As Bella cast an incantation, the witch enjoyed the power she was absorbing from Bella.

The witch spread her arms and hands forward to cast a spell, but nothing happened. Not a single spark appeared.

"Why can't I cast the incantation?" said the witch, puzzled.

The witch looked around and saw glowing symbols surrounding her and Bella.

"You see these symbols? In a given space, only the witch that cast them can use their magic," explained Bella.

"That's impossible; this is advanced magic," said the witch in fear.

"When you have chaos magic like me, nothing is impossible," said Bella. "I'm now going to take back all the magic that you stole from everyone else and give it back to them."

With those words, Bella began absorbing the magical power from within the witch. Slowly, she was transforming into the High Grand Witch.

With the darkness defeated once and for all, Bella was hailed as the protector of the kingdom.