He YunTing listened quietly, his eyes focused.

"To be honest, I did consider whether he was responsible for the assassination at the last dinner party," Lin Han said, "I said I would help General before, so I started paying attention. He came to me today and kept mentioning you to me."

Lin Han saw He YunTing raise his eyebrows, still keeping his lips tightly closed.

"There are some processes I'm not at liberty to tell General, but I can vouch for my professionalism and my life — what I say next is true. His Royal Highness found me, including..." Lin Han was just about to say, 'including what he said to you about talking to me was a lie', but he quickly realized that to say that would mean admitting the fact that he was pretending to be asleep, and he bit his tongue before replacing it with, "Including his position. He's not like a General, he doesn't stay neutral... I heard that he had contact with Mr. Guo."

He YunTing instantly became surprised.

"The assassination may not really have anything to do with him, because his purpose—" Lin Han took a breath, stopped to slow down, and continued with some embarrassment, "he wanted to use me to get close to General, he thinks... You care more about me, and as long as I can be convinced, since I'm also with you... and our relationship is close, they can use me, so you... the General can join Mr. Guo's side."

Lin Han stumbled over these words rather awkwardly; after all, in Wen Tianyao's mind, he and He YunTing were almost a nailed-on pair. He tried to add a few more words, barely able to tell He YunTing all the information he had heard from Wen Tianyao.

Lin Han actually only knew some things about these two factions of the council, so he didn't know the deeper relationship, but in any case, he still wanted to tell the other side all that he heard.

If he didn't have this ability, things would really go as Wen Tianyao planned. He YunTing would no longer be neutral, the political situation would change, whether it was good or bad for the Empire... He couldn't tell.

Lin Han finished before calming his breathing and added, "That's all I know. I don't know what use this information will be to the General, but I'd be even more upset if I didn't tell you."

"It's up to the General to believe it or not, I just wanted to come and tell you the truth."

He YunTing moved his fingers for a moment, then walked toward Lin Han.

"I see." He said, "I'll think about it."

There was no direct statement of belief or disbelief.

It would be false to say that he wasn't a bit disappointed, but Lin Han smiled a little and bowed to He YunTing.

"Then I'll leave." Lin Han stood up straight and looked at He YunTing.

The other party, however, didn't respond, and only after two seconds did he hesitate to say.

"So he... did he harm you?"

Lin Han first froze for a moment, then quickly understood from He YunTing's words who the "he" was. He wanted to ask him if Wen Tianyao had hurt him or threatened him when he approached him.

Lin Han's heart felt a little warm, and the loss of He YunTing's trust or lack of trust was slightly dispersed, he tilted his head and smiled at him, "No."

"Then I'm leaving." Lin Han said again.

He YunTing didn't stop him this time and stood still.

But Lin Han was the one who stopped again when he reached the door.

He couldn't explain why, but Lin Han suddenly recalled the image of He YunTing squirming to shake hands with him when he left this place before. At that time, He YunTing, as usual, didn't say what he actually thought, just said "Mr. Lin goodbye" twice so he could shake hands with him.