Epilogue - Forty

"Ahhh!" Ivory was screaming in pain pushing as much as she could. Her energy was draining fast, but for the sake of the baby, she kept going.

"How is she?" Chan asked, he didn't hate Ivory anymore as they became friends over the months. But Minho's heart was filled with hatred for her.

"I don't think she'll make it...." The doctor spoke as he looked back at Ivory's condition.

"What do you mean?" Chan asked the worry for the baby increased.

"She's losing her energy fast, her face is pale and she can barely push. She's tired, I don't know if she's gotten enough sleep but there's a high chance she won't make it.

"And the baby?"

"The baby will be fine, I hope. As long as we manage to get it out. Then the baby is perfectly fine."

Minho and Kai stood outside only hearing bombs explode and Ivory's screams. All they could do was stay inside, while people were reliving the horror from the past.

"How long is this gonna last...." Kai asked, his voice was dreading tiredness.

"I don't know...." Minho had no answer, he knew nothing. He could do nothing. "I'm sorry, Kai. I really-."

"I get it, don't be sorry. Thank you for taking me in." Kai turned around hugging Minho as he started to cry.

"You can cry as long as you want, I'll be here." Minho comforted him, rubbing his back in circles.

— — —

Jisung and Changbin reached their boyfriend's house. But None of them were there, Khami and the cats were gone too.

"Where are they?" Jisung panicked as he was searching through the large home.

"Felix!" Changbin yelled. He kept walking around the house when he realized that the backdoor was open, "Jisung!" The quokka boy joined Changbin.

"Hyu-"

"What are you two doing here?" Hyunjin walked to the two confused, Felix was behind him with the pets.

"Didn't you hear anything?" Jisung asked, worried.

"No.... we live near the forest, what do you expect?" Hyunjin dead-panned.

"Right...."

"This isn't the time, we have to get back to the castle before they make they're way here." Changbin but in.

"Who are they?" Felix asked.

"Varahn."

— — —

The room was filled with the cries of a baby, Chan not knowing he felt right now was an understatement. It was a tornado of emotions going through him destroying everything in its way.

"It's a girl," The doctor announced as he held the baby. "Someone check up on Ivory," He demanded as he noticed the woman's breathing slow down very fast.

"My king, please wait outside." The doctor handed Chan the baby and shoved the blond out of the room.

Chan couldn't believe what he saw, a baby. His baby. The older one looked up to see Kai fast asleep on Minho's lap. His husband was talking with Jeongin, and Minho looked tired. The armies outside have been keeping them safe, but won't last forever.

They were gonna come after them at some point. Hiding was all they could do.

Vulnerable.

A guard with bloody armor had walked into the Medical wing, his face had color draining and his eyes were soulless.

"What happened," Jeogin asked, scared as he saw the castle guard make his way to them. But he fell to the ground landing on his knees, the impact must've hurt when he groaned in pain.

"The King...." He let out. "He's gone." The guard had completely stopped breathing as he took his last breath. Chan stood there, holding his baby.

"We're leaving." He spoke coldly.

"What happened here..." Changbin's voice descended.

"Changbin, get the horses ready," Chan spoke.

The doctor came out of the room, "She's gone."

"Makes it easier for us," Chan spoke as he handed Minho the child. "C'mon Beomgyu."

— — —

That day was never to be forgotten. Running away from the kingdom, letting them conquer. They will come back, stronger than before.

After all, there is always revenge everywhere you go.

You just have to look in the

Shadows.

They're no longer the Villains,

they're gonna be the Heroes.

— — —

I'M FINALLY DONE AHAHAHHAHAHA

I'm sorry the ending was so boring but ty for reading till the end.

But I posted book 2 on my account its called "Hero"

And while you are there check out my other books, and follow maybe? Idk that's up to you but your support really means a lot so thank you! 

-Author <3