Ch.18-The Beginning of the End

Yuta

This was it. The final battle, the battle where everything will be decided. Our foe stood in front of us, looking so malicious and terrifying. Beside us, there was Gridknight who was in his Full Power form, Nidaime and Soundras, and Gridman who held the two Shinjos and Sayoko in his hands. It was all of us against it.

"Hmhmhmhm..."

"Mad Origin...!"

"Hmph...!" Mad Origin charges its energy and opens its mouth, aiming and firing a dark-red energy beam directly at us.

"...!"

"Tch...!" Gridman drops the two Shinjos and Sayoko from his hand and dashes towards us.

"AHHH!"

"Ggh..." Shinjo quickly uses her powers, creating a barrier which allows them to levitate.

As the energy beam got closer to us, Gridman suddenly appeared in front of us. He extended his arms out, blocking us from the energy beam and taking in the attack.

"AAGH!!!"

"Gridman!"

As he stood in front of us, we watched as his body began to fall apart from the intensity of the energy beam. Cracks formed around his body as it broke down, completely destroying pieces of his body and his limbs. He groaned in pain, and we could hear the repeated noise of his head beeping, getting louder and louder. Eventually, Mad Origin ended its attack.

"Haa...haa...haa..." Gridman panted as his head beeps.

"Gridman...!"

He slowly turned to look at us, letting out a chuckle. His eyes turned blank, and he fell on the ground.

"...!"

"Hibiki-kun! Gridman!" Shinjo shouted.

"Tch...!"

"What a shame. I was hoping to kill you, but it seems like he got in the way. Hm. How foolish..."

"You...!"

"Hmph!" Mad Origin quickly flies towards us, destroying multiple buildings in the way.

"Gridman!" Gridknight quickly dashes in front of us, crossing his arms and blocking Mad Origin's attack. "Ggh!"

"Get out of my way...!"

Gridknight tried to push it back, but instead, he was getting pushed back. His feet slid backwards on the ground, and he was struggling to stand.

"Dammit...!"

"I said...GET OUT OF MY WAY...!!!" Mad Origin swings its leg, kicking Gridknight to the side.

"AAGH!!!" Gridknight crashes into a building, falling to the ground.

"Hmph!" Mad Origin swiftly grabs us by the neck, slamming us to the ground. Then, it flies up and starts dragging us on the ground.

"Aagh...!!!"

"Once I'm done with you, Gridman, your timeline, all timelines, and all Gridmans will die!"

"I...won't let you...!" We swung our blade, striking it and knocking him away.

"Ggh...!"

We struck the ground, putting us to a stop. We pant, slowly catching our breath, then we stood up and faced Mad Origin.