Ch.6-Reawakening

Yuta

Tsutsujidai High School

The school bell rang and everyone began walking out of their classes to leave school for the day. I grabbed my bag and as I was about to head out, I saw a glimmer of light in the corner of my eye and turned to look out the window.

What was that? I stared at the city for a moment, but nothing happened. I was confused and looked at my Accepter and wondered. Was it you, Gridman?

The Accepter didn't beep.

I shook my head. It's probably my imagination...

Outside

As I was walking back home, I saw Rikka walking alongside Hass and Namiko on the sidewalk across the street.

"Hahahaha!~"

They were joking with each other, smiling and laughing, much like they always did. While they were being happy, I was staring at them with a frown on my face; staring at Rikka specifically.

"Hahaha..." Rikka slowly stopped laughing and looked in my direction.

I silently nodded at her and she nodded back, then I left.

After walking far away from them, I decided to head in another direction so that we wouldn't see each other again; I went through an alleyway and came out through the other side, walking into the city.

Tsutsujidai

As I continued on my way home, I was walking alongside a huge crowd of people; they were chatting with each other, talking about their lives and telling jokes, laughing and smiling.

I glanced at a nearby couple and saw their faces, then I frowned again and began to slow down. What am I even doing here...? I could've walked the same path I usually went down, but...Rikka...

I shook my head and returned to my senses; I sped up and headed home, trying to ignore any thoughts that were coming to my head.

Rikka

Junk Shop Aya; the Takarada Household

"Tadaima..." I took off my shoes and left them outside, then I went into my room.

I placed my bag on the bed and laid down beside it. I let out a sigh of exhaustion, then I stared into the ceiling and frowned.

Yuta...I saw him again...

There was a brief pause and it was silent.

I sighed again, then I turned and looked at a picture in a frame; it was me and Yuta at one of our dates at the park; it was a memorable one, and one I always kept in my heart.

I keep telling myself to put it away in case someone sees it, but...

There was another brief pause and it was silent.

"Mattaku...stop being so depressed~..." I said to myself.

I stood up and decided to go take a look at the Junk Shop.

Junk Shop Aya

I moved through the curtains, then I saw a cloaked figure in front of me. "Hello?"

The figure flinched and turned. "You..."

"Um...can I help you ?"

The figure stared at me and said nothing.

I stared back at the figure, then as I looked closer at their face, I recognized them. "Y-Yuta? W-What're you doing here?" I went closer to him and tilted my head. "And...why are you wearing a cloak? It's not even raining outside."