Ch.14-War Pt.3

Sayoko

"No...no...no..."

"The kaiju...it's...dead..." Akane let out a sigh of relief and smiled. "Yokatta..."

Nande...? Why do I keep losing...? This kaiju...the kaiju before it...and the other ones...are all gone. Nee-san was finally able to notice me, but now...that chance...is gone...!

"Sayoko."

"No..." I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. "Nande...? Nande...?!"

"Sayoko, I-"

"HAAH!" I threw the sculpture of my kaiju to the ground, shattering it.

"...!"

"Everything I did...every kaiju I made...was for you. Now that it's all gone...I have nothing...! Now...you're just going to ignore me again..."

She shook her head. "That's not true."

Akane walks closer to me. "W-What are you-" She opened her arms out and came even closer. "N-No! G-Get away from me!"

"Sayoko..."

I slowly backed away from her, trying to escape her arms. However, as I kept backing up, I hit a wall and had nowhere else to go.

"G-Get away...! D-Don't touch me!" I closed my eyes out of fear, then all of a sudden, I felt something grab me. "Eh...?"

"It's alright...Sayoko..."

Akane was hugging me tightly with her arms. It was strange; this feeling, this sensation, this emotion; all of it was unknown to me.

"This was what you always wanted...right...? My imouto..."

"...!"

Suddenly, flashes of my childhood life flooded my mind. All those times where I tried to get my sister's attention, all those times where she and I were distant from each other, and all those times where I always watched and admired her; they all came to me in an instant.

As each one went through my mind, my heart slowly began to break. With each crack, the more pain I felt, and the more pain I felt, the more I wanted it to come out.

"Nee-san..."

Out of nowhere, I felt something running through my face. It was tears; for the first time in my life, I was crying, and it was for something I always wanted.

Akane smiled and chuckled. "It's alright. You can let it all out..."

I whimpered. "Nee-san...!" Tears flooded from my face, and my heart beat faster than it ever did. "Nee-san!!!"

With my arms, I hugged her as well, embracing her. For the first time, I was able to feel such relief and such joy, and the feeling of having Akane so close to me made it even better.

"Nee-san..."

Akane hugged me even tighter and whispered into my ear. "You don't have to worry anymore. You don't have to act so tough anymore. Your Nee-san's here for you...and always will be..."

I whimpered again. "Nee-san..."

Yuta

All of us stood alongside each other, prepared to face Gridman and Dyna Rex. Now that the hideous kaiju was gone, all that was left was them.

"Here it is. Our final battle..." said Gridman.

"That's right. For the sake of our timeline, and for yours, I will defeat you!"