Prologue

Yuta

Junk Shop Aya

I slowly opened my eyes and looked to see Utsumi and Rikka in front of me. I looked around and saw that I was in Rikka's Junk Shop.

"Oh, you're finally awake, Yuta."

"Ohayou..."

"Hibiki-kun, are you feeling alright?" Rikka asked.

I placed my hand over my head. "Not really. My head hurts and..." I paused. "I...don't remember anything..."

"Yuta, you-"

I panicked. "I can't remember anything! What have I been doing? Matte, how did I even get here?"

"Um...Yuta..."

"Why can't I remember anything?!"

"Hibiki-kun!"

"Huh?"

"Calm down, alright? Take a breath or something."

I stared at her and did so. "Alright. I...may need a minute or two."

After a while, I calmed down.

"You good now?" Utsumi asked.

"Yeah...a little..."

"After Gridman left, I was hoping this didn't happen..."

"Who?"

They looked at each other, then back at me. "You don't really remember anything, do you?"

"No...I don't. Everything's so blurry..."

"Gomen, Hibiki-kun."

"It's not your fault, Rikka." I groaned in pain. "I just wish I knew something..."

"We were about to tell you."

"What?! You know something?! Tell me!"

"Alright alright. But...there's a chance you may not believe us."

"Eh?"

"Some really strange things happened when you were...gone. We don't want you to freak out or anything."

I stared at them and clenched my fists. "If it means I'll know something about what happened to me, I don't really care how crazy it is."

Rikka and Utsumi looked at each other and then back at me. "Well...here goes."

They told me about how Gridman possessed my body, how he and I fought together, and how Shinjo was a God who ruled our city along with an alien and multiple kaijus.

"So, do you remember anything now?" Rikka asked.

I gave them a nervous smile. "No, not really. To be honest, that story kind of confused me." Utsumi and Rikka sighed. "Although...now that I think about it...Gridman..."

I grunted and placed my hand over my face again. I remembered and began to have faint glimpses of a face.

"Hibiki-kun!"

I lowered my hand and groaned. "I'm fine..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah...I'm fine..."

Utsumi crossed his arms. "Alright then. Do you remember anything before?"

I thought about it, then I nodded. "I remember my parents, my life, school, and...the two of you."

"I see. I suppose that's good."

I grunted again and placed my hand over my face. Dammit. My head...hurts...!