What's your problem?

It was late on Thursday night; and the house was chaotic.

It had been a month since the families had moved in together, and the wedding was tomorrow. This inevitably caused a lot of stress in the household, with preparations to be made. Valka was staying at her mother's home a few towns over, following the tradition of not sleeping in the same house as the husband on the night before the day of the wedding. This left Stoic with the two boys in the new house with a wedding to prep for.

"Boys! Take these upto your room please" Stoic called from the dining room. The two boys stampeded down the grand staircase, heading into the dining room to collect their wedding outfits from Stoic. "Dad, don't you think this is a bit over the top?" Hiccup chuckled, looking at the suits. His was a dark bottle green suit with a black shirt and green tie, with brown boots and a golden watch and chain, Jack's on the other hand was a deep blue suit with some sparkling silvery blue snowflakes on it with a white shirt and black tie, paired with a platinum watch and chain. "Boys, this is going to be the wedding of the century!" He cried, "so we must dress accordingly" he spoke softer, admiring his own outfit, a green and purple tartan kilt with a cream coloured shirt and black suit jacket, paired with a deer-fur sporn and silver pocket watch.

The boys just shook their heads and walked away to their room with the outfits. "I can't believe we have to share a room" Jack muttered agitatedly, "well believe it bro, they are NOT changing their mind" Hiccup said with an air of defeatedness to his tone, "it's just so stupid, they are both rich as hell and there are more rooms in the house!" Jack said, flailing his hands in the direction of the spare rooms. "Well your mom needs her video studio and my dad needs his office so that only leaves three spare rooms, which he said will be turned into a spare room, a storage room and another bathroom" Hiccup reasoned, "whatever, just remember, don't touch my stuff" Jack demanded, hanging up his suit before flopping onto his bed, "you got it boss" Hiccup scoffed, heading into his en suite and turning the shower on.

The truth was that Jack didn't hate Hiccup, he just didn't know how to act around him. Jack had always been an only child and was antisocial at the best of times, he had one online friend and that was it, no real life friends, he rarely interacted with anyone other than his mom, so suddenly having an older brother who was rough and jokey and extroverted was truly torturous.

Jack had sat up in bed and was watching Hocus Pocus when he heard the en suite door open to reveal Hiccup wearing nothing but a green towel tied low around his waist. The older boy had tanned skin with tight abs and toned pecs, large thighs and wet brown hair over his face. Jack could have choked. How could his arrogant self cantered brother also be so hot.. wait what?! 'That's your brother Jack' he reminded himself.

"Something interesting?" Hiccup chuckled as he noticed Jack staring, "what? No! Shut up" Jack said with a ruby rouge blush dusting his pale cheeks. "Okay then" he laughed as he dropped his towel and started drying. "What the hell!" Jack said as hiccup stood naked, his private area flopping around as he dried, "what? We both have one! I think?" Hiccup joked as he pulled on his red tartan pyjamas, "doesn't mean you have to flop it around in the open" jack muttered as he went back to watching his movie.

Hiccup was confused as to why Jack was being so cold with him, fair enough he was a bit of an ass, but it was all in good spirit.

"Hey, maybe we could watch the second one together since you've just finished number one?" Hiccup suggested trying to ease the tension. "Sure, don't see why not" jack said hesitantly, moving over on the bed and sitting up, soon joined by hiccup sitting next to him and putting the movie on.

Jack remained quiet throughout the first half of the movie, even when hiccup tried to joke with him, and hiccup was starting to tire of the silent treatment. "Okay what!?" Hiccup yelled as he paused the movie, "what the hell is your problem I was watching that?!" Jack yelled right back, "no what is YOUR problem? I've tried to hard to be nice to you and make jokes and include you yet I'm still met with radio silence" Hiccup blew up, his face was a little red and his eyebrows were furrowed with frustration.

Jack took a moment to reflect and consider the question, it was true, he was acting cold; but he had his reasons. Hiccup was mean at times and way too loud and jack felt uncomfortable around him, "I'm sorry okay" jack whispered with his head down, he felt ashamed. "Hey, you don't need to get upset, I've just always wanted a brother and now that I finally have one, I kinda want him to like me" hiccup explained, giving jack a rare glimpse into his insecurity.

The boys hugged and made up before finishing off the movie in comfortable silence; besides the odd laugh that is.

Eventually, when the movie finished, the boys didn't know what to do with themselves; that is until Stoic called them for dinner.

The boys rushed down and sat next to each other at the large table, stoic sitting across from them. "You boys seem happy?" He smiled quizzically, "just watched a funny movie is all" Hiccup said, scoffing his dinner so he could get back upstairs; Jack following suit.

"I'm gunna go for a bath" the boys stated in unison, "no me" they said together again. They laughed a little before sitting on the bed, "you've already had a shower, I deserve a bath" Jack said logically, "but I am older and I want a bath" Hiccup argues.

The two boys were baffled on what to do, "yknow, we could bath together?" Hiccup says cautiously, "are you out of your mind!" Jack yells, "we are step brothers we can't bath together" he continues, face reddening further by the second.

To be continued...