the Return of Elise Abernathy

Mulai dari awal

A little girl with shorter brown hair and bright green eyes stared up at me. Tears streamed down her face, and I felt as if I was staring into a mirror.
"W-Who are you?" I asked shakily as I sniffed, but I already knew the answer.
"Who are you?" The little girl mimicked back, and her eyes darkened as she stared at me. It was as if she wanted to kill me just with her eyes.
I held my palms up as a surrender and knelt back down until I was eye level with her.
"I'm Merciana Sheehan... Who are you?" I asked as politely as I could but the girl took a step back as if she was afraid.
"Elise Abernathy," her tiny voice echoed into the darkness and I felt my body go cold.
I was staring into the eyes of a dead girl that I hadn't known for a long time.
"Why are you here?" I asked, and she took another step back.
"I live here," she said coldly as if I was a trespasser on her turf. I nodded my head and pulled in a shuddering breath.
"Where exactly is 'here'?" I asked calmly. My heart was beating out of my chest the more I stared at her.
I looked down at her wrists. They were discolored from cuffs, and her arms were riddled with scars of every sort.

    "Your mind," she said flatly once again

"Your mind," she said flatly once again. "I live here. You shouldn't be here..." She said, fear growing more and more in her voice. She took another step back, her eyes widening all the while.
"Why-"
I could barely get the words out before she went running away.
"Elise, wait!" I shouted as I followed her. I chased her into the darkness for what felt like hours before I finally caught up to her and grabbed her wrist. She let out a curdling gut scream that chilled me to the bone as she fought me away.
"Get off of me!" she shrieked, but I couldn't let her get away. I had so many questions. I had so many answers for her.
"Stop! I'm not going to hurt you!" I shouted back, but she weaseled out of my grasp and took several steps backward.
"Why are you here?" she asked in an angry tone and I took a deep breath.
"I don't know, Elise," I sighed, her name dripped from my tongue like vinegar. "I don't know..."
"You need to leave..." she said, her voice growing even angrier.
"How do I get out?" I asked and she tilted her head as her eyes relaxed.
"If I knew how to get out do you think I would be here?" Her tiny voice chuckled. I shook my head and looked around.