The Truth

{Levi's POV}

    I had made it to the Underground's entrance.
    It wasn't an easy task to get through after Annie's big ass Titan feet crushed the Underground tunnel to bits, but there was still a hole or two I could fit through.
    I made my way to the edge of the tunnel to where I could stare down at the city. My skin was immediately riddled with goosebumps at the sight.
    It was the same as it had always been: mildew ridden and dirty. It was nothing but a big, grimy shadow.

    The streets were fairly empty, there were only a handful of people making a commute

    It seemed quiet.
    I engaged my gear and swooped down to ground level without making myself seen, but I could hear the air pressure of my tanks echo off the subterranean walls and knew I had to find cover quickly.
    I pulled my hood above my head and settled in between two decrepit buildings before making my way to the edge so I could peek around.
    I looked out into the street.

   There was nobody in sight

  Cling!
   A sound came from behind me, and I quickly wrapped my fingers around my blade handles before turning around.
    A stray cat had made its way into an overflowing garbage can behind me. I was suddenly reminded of Mercy as I stared into its curious eyes. She had always referred to herself as a "stray cat."

    Focus, damnit, I said to myself as I shook my head and turned back around

    Focus, damnit, I said to myself as I shook my head and turned back around. Find Ed.
    I looked back out to the street and quickly weaved through the alleyways undetected.
    I wasn't sure where Ed would be held, but I knew it would either be on the other side of the city where the wealthier crooks lived, or towards the middle sections where Mercy's house was located.
    Then again, I hadn't been in the Underground in years, and from the sounds of it Mercy's father claimed himself to be the leader of it all.
    For all I knew everything could've been changed around.
    I couldn't waste time on the "what ifs" and quickly pushed forward as I weaved through the alleyways and hid from passerby.
    I decided to make my way to Mercy's old house, no matter how much it pained me to do so, and it was on the way to the "wealthier" district anyway.
    It was unlikely that Ed or Mercy's father would be located there, but I had to try.
    I peaked out into the main road.
    Several people were walking along the main stretch toward the market side, and knew it would be too risky to use it. My Scout cloak would be a dead giveaway, and I didn't want any chance of my being there to reach Mercy's father.