Hange's Orders

{Levi's POV}

"This feels...wrong," Mercy said quietly as she folded her sheets.
"You're telling me," I sighed as I lifted her folded clothes into my arms. They seemed to be her only possessions. I glanced over to the paper bag that sat beside her door.
"I can carry that stuff," she laughed nervously as she set the folded linen onto the cot.
"I got it," I said, "What's in the bag?"
She glanced over to it and back to me before she flashed a smug grin.
"It's a secret," she taunted and stretched her arms out to take her clothes.

    "I got it," I reiterated and tilted my head

"I got it," I reiterated and tilted my head. "How about you grab your so-called 'secret' and let's get going."
She grabbed the bag from the ground and opened the door to let me out.
"So," she began as she shut the door behind her and we stepped into the moonlight, "Explain Hange's plan to me again because I think I blacked out about halfway through."
"Well," I sighed, "You're moving into my living space for the time being so I can protect you until this is all resolved. In the mean time, someone else will be living in your quarters. If someone tries to break in, we'll hopefully be able to apprehend them, but at the very least we might be able to identify the mole."
"Can I say something without making this whole situation awkward?"
I glanced to her star filled eyes and her moon kissed skin and felt a lump form in my throat.
I'd always hated the moments where I wasn't in control of my words or actions or even my feelings, but with Mercy it was different. She always found a way to keep me on my toes or send a hoard of butterflies to my stomach. She had a way of making me lose control of myself, and even though I'd been a "control freak" my entire life I craved losing it when it came to her.
"Shoot," I said nonchalantly as I moved my eyes on the path ahead and swallowed the lump in my throat. We weren't too far from my living space.
"It's extremely attractive when you go all Captain mode."
My eyes widened and the butterflies that slept idly in my stomach went berserk once again.
Goddamn it, Mercy.
"Is that why you make a habit of disobeying orders?" I asked tauntingly and flashed her jesting eyes as I prayed she couldn't see that she was driving me crazy.
"Maybe," she said through a small smile and I had to look away.