A Creature So Divine

*TW, chapter mentions SA*

{Levi's POV}

I couldn't stop thinking about Mercy.
When I walked out of the bathroom and saw her on my bed, I felt my stomach drop.

    Her eyes were lit up in fear

Her eyes were lit up in fear. Her body trembled with it.
At first, I wasn't sure what happened, but it didn't take long for me to figure out she had another memory resurface in her sleep.
I just didn't realize exactly how bad it was, and I couldn't stop thinking about it.
I couldn't stop thinking about the fear in her eyes as she tried to catch her breath. I couldn't stop thinking about the blood stains on her pant legs after her shower that I made sure not to point out.
She had already lived through the tortures of her father and his men a thousand times over, but with each memory that surfaced she had to relive it again, and it made my heart ache.
I wished that I could take it all away from her. That I could bare her burdens.
I made a vow outside the walls to keep her hands free of sin and stain so she would never have to live with a conscious like mine, but everything was spiraling out of control and there was nothing I could do about it.
     I couldn't change the past.
She was all I could think about, but I thought about her father, too, and the atrocities I would make him endure the moment I met him face to face.
I wanted to track down every hell bound soul that had any attachment, any affiliation, any knowledge of what happened to Mercy in the Underground, and I wanted to make them hurt so bad that they would beg for death. I wanted to bring them to the brink of it so they could stare at the fiery gates of Hell. I wanted them to beat on the locks of the gates and beg to be let in so they didn't have to spend another second under my inflictions. Then, I wanted to pull them back to life and make them suffer through every twisted form of torture I deemed fit over and over again.
My mind turned over as I stared at the floor of Hange's office. I stopped in to tell her about Shannon's incident with Mercy since she never sought me out first.
"Do you think he needs to be interrogated?" Hange asked as I kept my eyes trained to at the floor.

I leaned against the wall behind me and crossed my arms as I let out a deep sigh. I pushed the thoughts away for the moment, but I could still feel the heaviness of Mercy's grief wrap it's weight around my shoulders.
     I could feel it tightening it's grip, and knew that I would have to strangle it to death before it beat me to the punch.
"I don't know, Hange," I said. "I don't think he's the mole."
"Then why would he turn on her?"
"Mercy said she told him the truth about Ronnie's death, and how her father offed the girl because of her."
Hange nodded their head and took a seat at their desk.
"You tore him up pretty good," they said as they lifted their gaze to me.
I continued to stare at the floor.