Y2V1: The White Room Student's Task

Mulai dari awal

"Wait, wait, wait. So because the new ones suck, you ignore them?"

"Exactly. Now you're getting it."

Kei put her hands on my shirt and began to shake me back and forth, "So you're telling me it's been good this whole time?! Then let's watch it, 6 movie marathon, come on!"

"What about shutter island?"

"Screw shutter island, everyone knows the twist anyway."

Sometimes I feel like going to the White Room just means living under a rock for the rest of your life.

"I don't know what it is. Also, stop shaking me."

Kei immediately let go, "Oops, sorry! Fine, after the exam ends, 6 movie marathon."

"Also, there's something I want you to do for me tomorrow."

Kei grumbled and plopped to her side in frustration, "What is it? I swear it feels like Groundhog Day sometimes."

Once again, I don't get the reference, but hopefully, the movie is about helping out your boyfriend.

* * *

I walked into class the next day and it seems like most students are bogged down in studies.

"Ayanokouji, how have your studies been going?" Horikita asked me casually as I sat down.

"Oh, you know, they've been going."

In reality, I wasn't doing anything.

"I see. What about a partner?"

"Do you want a good-cop bad-cop scenario or a variation when it comes to a partner?"

Horikita looked at me with an unamused expression, "Very funny. Somehow you become a comedian around me."

"It's easier when there's someone who makes it so," I shrugged.

Horikita's eyes moved toward the front of the class as a girl with blonde hair made her way to Horikita with a puzzled expression.

"Horikita, can we talk outside?" Kei asked her.

Horikita looked confused at Kei's sudden desire to talk, but she soon expected that it probably had to do with the exam.

"Ayanokouji can come too if he wants, I don't really have a problem with that," Kei added.

Horikita nodded, motioning for me to come along with her outside.

* * *

We were out in the hallway a little further away from the classroom, and Horikita was the first to speak.

"What is it?"

Kei took a deep breath and then exhaled, beginning to possess a calm expression, "So, all the girls are just really worried right now. But also, some of the girls are getting offers for partnerships."

Horikita raised a brow, "Is that so? As for the former, I'm sorry, but I can't do anything about that. Many people are worried about this exam."

Kei nodded, "What about the offers, though?"

"I don't know about those. I feel as though you should hold off on making any concrete partnerships yet."

Kei glanced at her with a puzzled expression, "But shouldn't they do it? They're not exactly guys like Sudo or Ike, they'll be good to partner up with."

Horikita sighed, "If possible, can you tell them to postpone the acceptance? Currently, I aim to partner with class 1-D."

"Because they suck just as much as us?"