Y2V2: The Trial

"Hello, everyone. I am Daisuke Oka. The man to my left is Ryo Kai, and the man to my right is Keigo Ito. We three will preside over this case. Once all the evidence is presented, all of us will head into another room and come to a unanimous decision."

Oka had a well-defined face, a military haircut, and jet-black hair. He had donned a stark white suit. Kai was possessing a regular black suit, his grey hair more curly. Ito was similar, but he had red hair like Sudo. All of them seemed to be in their mid-30s, as well.

Kai leaned forward, beginning to speak, "I understand that the student council president usually is the mediator and judge in these cases, but with the scale, the school has to step in from the very beginning."

Ito rested his elbow on the table, placing his chin in the palm of his hand, "The school has already heard a general debriefing of the case from Acting Director Tsukishiro. It is now up to Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the student, to disprove these claims. Please, begin."

I see, it really is like a jury, huh?

Standing up, I glanced at Tsukishiro who was just waiting intently, his eyes filled with nothing but serenity.

"Firstly, I would like to look at motive, means, and opportunity," I began, "I contend that Tsukishiro desired to expel me."

Chabashira looked at me with a glance as if to say 'that's a little blunt'.

But I continued anyway.

"As for the means he employed, he used his influence and standing as the Acting Director to his advantage. As for opportunity, this exam is perfect to do so, and additionally, it's near his last exam."

Tsukishiro let out a small grin, "Motive, you say? Is there evidence of such claims?"

The three at the head of the table looked at me, waiting for a response.

"Yes, you possessed a desire to expel me, as for evidence I had a testiomy prepared," I said, looking over at a girl that possessed a delighted smile, "Sakayanagi."

Tsukishiro's eyes shifted from me to Sakayanagi. 

The lilac-haired girl stood up slowly, glancing at Tsukishiro coldly, then her eyes shifting to the three judges.

"Thank you, Ayanokouji."

An eerie smile creeped onto her face as she began to speak, "The end-of-year exam from last year was unfairly manipulated by the Acting Director. The chess event which was being done by the two commanders, myself and Ayanokouji, had a move altered."

I'd imagine if Horikita was here, she'd ask for an explanation right here and now.

But rather, no person here seemed too phased. The exception being Yagami, whose eyes widened in surprise. He didn't know about this matter, after all.

"Near the tail end of the game, a move which was sent by Ayanokouji got altered. Usually, the time difference between entering the move and the move being sent was around ten seconds, however, in this case, it took nearly 30 seconds. Additionally, Tsukishiro himself confessed this to us after the game ended."

"Do you have evidence for that claim, Sakayanagi?" Tsukishiro asked.

Sakayanagi calmly replied, "I do not have evidence for him confessing to us about his involvement. However, there is evidence that the move took longer than expected."

Oka nodded, "Can I be presented the evidence, please?"

Sakayanagi looked over at my expectantly. I nodded, taking out my phone. I walked over to the three men, handing over my device.