Y2V2: Step-by-Step

Chabashira and I walked to the student council office once again. It was early in the morning, so there were only 2 people inside right now. Horikita's told me that student council duties are typically after school, unless informed otherwise.

Inside, I found Kiriyama and Nagumo discussing something. The second the man in the president's seat noticed us, his lips crept upward into a smile.

Nagumo told something to Kiriyama, and soon, the vice-president left the room.

"How has it been, Ayanokouji?" Nagumo chuckled.

Chabashira wasted no time on the preamble and got straight to the important business.

"Hello, President. There is a document here that you are aware of involving some first-years and their... task to expel my student."

Chabashira was quite shocked when I explained it, but she seems to be getting accustomed to it.

Nagumo chuckled, getting up from his seat and letting out a deep sigh, "Sure thing, sensei. You know... I was wondering when you guys were coming to ask," Nagumo said casually.

Taking out a file from his drawer, he stood up and approached us.

"Here. It's quite early in the morning, you know. Are you struggling, Ayanokouji?"

"Not any more than before," I shrugged.

I glanced at the file.

It dictated that I would be expelled and the student responsible for my expulsion would receive 20 million points. There was no time limit on this.

And also a wide array of signatures.

Hosen Kazuomi.

Nanase Tsubasa.

Yagami Takuya.

Utomiya Riku.

Tsubaki Sakurako.

Ichika Amasawa.

The list of who the White Room student could be had greatly reduced now, so that was a bonus.

But, additionally, this document had two clear benefits to me.

"Got a list of potential testimonies now, huh?" Nagumo grinned.

That was one.

"I do. Thank you for this, Nagumo," I told him.

Nagumo shrugged, "Eh, I'm bound by my station. I do hope you win, Ayanokouji. Well, either way, I come out on top, but keeping you around is a nice bonus."

What a brazen person.

Walking outside of the office, Chabashira glanced at me skeptically, "What else can we do, Ayanokouji?"

"I want you to find out more about these professors. Former places of employment, credentials, anything that seems odd. And, if you could, please find out..."

* * *

Walking to my seat in class, Horikita was staring at me expectantly.

"What's with the staring?"

"I've been waiting for you."

She was like a cat.

"If you just let me get to the can opener, I can feed you."

My joke didn't look to go over well with her.

"That's not funny, Ayanokouji. Did you get the details?" she asked bluntly.

I nodded, sitting down, "The evidence is pretty convincing. Of course, it's all fabricated, but that doesn't make it any less believable to an outsider. I do need your help for something, though."