Y2V2: Farewells

May 12th.

I was told by Nagumo today that at 5:00 p.m., I'd be called to the trial.

It was... eerie. I had walked outside my dorm room, but every person's eyes were placed on me. Every passerby, every stranger, those orbs were tracking my every movement. I thought it had almost stopped before, but I suppose word was getting around that my trial day was today. It's odd, Sudo's case was nowhere near as known.

I suppose the combination of factors here elevates it into a different category. The exam score, the cheating scandal, and finally the complaint that the school was mistreating me.

"Oh, Kiyotaka!" Yosuke called out to me.

He seemed to be in the elevator and held it open for me. Walking a little faster so he doesn't have to hold it for long, those gates began to close.

"So, it's today, huh?" Yosuke mumbled indistinctly.

"Yeah, guess so."

Yosuke leaned against the wall, "If... If you do get expelled, is there anything you want me to do?"

"Protect Kei and support Horikita to the best of your ability, that's the only things I can think of," I shrugged.

"I can do that... Sure," he claimed.

To Yosuke, the thought of me being expelled would be a tough one to bear, but he seems to be getting through it.

"Kiyotaka... Thanks," Yosuke stated indistinctly.

"For what?"

"Helping me out."

"I see."

There were no more words to be said. A mutual understanding was present.

* * *

"Why are you all so quiet?" I asked.

It was lunch now, and all of our final periods weren't with each other.

"Well, after school ends we've got like 2 hours before the trial. More like an hour and a half if you minus all the miscellaneous stuff. So... It's just kinda weird to know what to talk about," Keisei sighed.

With the looming case, it was difficult to get the words out.

"Do you guys want to do go-karting after school then?" Haruka asked.

"It isn't like we'll have much time anyway. It's always the most crowded right after school ends, people rush there, especially since it's a Friday," Akito sighed in dissatisfaction.

"Well, we can still hang out for a while. I do want to get back about 10 minutes before 5, though," I proposed.

"I guess..."

"Sure."

Airi and Keisei softly nodded.

I suppose they're really down in the dumps.

"Yo, dumbass."

Turning around, I found Ryuuen and his usual group behind him. With the addition of Hiyori.

"Hey, Hiyori."

"Hello, Ayanokouji," she politely waved.

Ryuuen took a seat next to Airi, who scooted away as far as she could. She looked like an old cartoon character having her soul leaking out of her mouth.

"What are the odds of you winnin' that trial?" he asked me.

"I dunno. I've gotten a good amount of evidence, I'd say it's winnable, I don't know how winnable exactly."