Chapter 56

During the Spring Festival, the welfare home organized children to make dumplings.

The strange-shaped dumplings were put into the pot, and a pot of dumplings in various shapes was cooked. Yan Heqing just happened to catch up.

After the children finished eating and left, he sat across from Aunt Zhang with a plate of dumplings.

Aunt Zhang had been waiting for him for a long time. She smiled and said, "I didn't expect you to come today and help me so much."

Yan Heqing smiled, "This is my job."

"That's what you say, but you don't get benefits and you don't get a salary, so you can only exchange a few credits." Aunt Zhang put down her chopsticks, "With your ability, there is no way you can earn these credits."

Yan Heqing didn't answer. He had already obtained two-thirds of what he needed. He lowered his head and took a bite of the dumpling. Suddenly he bumped his teeth on something hard. He took out the tissue, covered it and spit it out. It was a one-yuan coin.

When Aunt Zhang saw this, she said in surprise: "You're lucky, Xiao Yan. You got to eat the lucky dumpling this year! You will definitely have good luck this year!"

She was a little depressed again. She thought of Xu Qiaoyin. Xu Qiaoyin had eaten the lucky dumpling last year.

"Xiao Yan, have you contacted Teacher Xu recently?" she asked.

Yan Heqing put down the coin, lowered his head and continued to eat dumplings, "Can't contact me."

"She resigned." Aunt Zhang sighed and shook her head, "She called me on the New Year's Day. Oh, I could tell that she was in a bad mood. I don't know what happened. She loves children so much..."

More than ten years ago, there was a little girl in the orphanage.

She was born with a hare lip and carried AIDS. It was only then that her mother found out that her father had been infected with AIDS. During a quarrel, her father killed her mother and went to jail.

Before she was a month old, the little girl was sent to an orphanage.

AIDS will not be transmitted through normal contact, but most people are still afraid. The little girl is an innocent victim, and they are just ordinary people working. They all blame each other for taking care of her. It was Xu Qiaoyin who took the initiative to take care of the little girl and spent all his savings. A little girl underwent cleft lip repair surgery.

Aunt Zhang sighed again, "She hung up the phone before I could say a few words, as if she was afraid of something, eh..."

Yan Heqing collected the information he wanted and accelerated his eating speed.

On the other side, not long after Lu Lin left the Rainbow Bridge Welfare Institution, Chu Ziyu called.

Big tongue, very drunk.

"Brother Lu, my brother, I just want to ask you, your brother, I am lovelorn, you...will you come...if you don't come, I will call you brother, come, I will call you -"

The phone was snatched away, and next came Xie Yunjie's voice. In the background was Chu Ziyu's singing, "I'm almost tortured to death by him. I don't know who dumped me. I'm going crazy at home. Come over here if you have nothing to do, later." I'm afraid he'll blow up his house and I can't stop him!"

Lu Lin navigated to Chu Ziyu's address.

By the time he arrived, Chu Ziyu had calmed down and fell on the bed in his tank top and pants, snoring.