Chapter 25

After finishing their morning work, Yan Heqing and the store manager took the afternoon off.

After the rain stopped, Yan Heqing still took an umbrella with him as usual.

Rainbow Bridge Welfare Home is half an hour away from the nearest subway station. When we exited the subway station, the road surface was still wet and puddled with water. The first few streets were fine, but when we turned into a small road, the road condition worsened.

The half-dug road is covered with yellow mud and dirty water. All the shops on the roadside are very dilapidated. Most of them have closed down. Only a few small shops are still open.

One of them is a convenience store.

Yan Heqing pushed the door open and walked in. The boss was the cashier and was watching a TV show. The sound of a woman crying on the computer was so engrossed that the boss didn't even react when the guests came.

Yan Heqing took the largest shopping basket and walked to the shelf. He didn't look at the brand and started taking it from the first row.

Bread, biscuits, wafers, chocolate... and fresh yogurt.

Yan He clearly remembered that Lin Fengzhi used to like strawberry yogurt, which was sour and sweet, with a little bit of strawberry pulp. Every time Lin Fengzhi would lick the box clean, and then look at him eagerly, "Brother, I still Want to eat!"

Every time he would save his own money and leave it to Lin Fengzhi.

Yan Heqing took many boxes of yogurt, of various flavors, with large pulp, and two boxes of pure milk.

When he went to check out with his things, the boss was shocked.

This street used to be prosperous, but it has declined in the past ten years. There is basically no business, and everything is sold to neighbors. The reason why she still runs this small shop is because she owns the shop space and does not need to rent. , I can't rent it out anyway, so if I open my own shop, I can barely make enough money to make a living in a day.

This is a big list that I haven't had in a long time!

The boss smiled happily and gave Yan Heqing a few dollars.

"Welcome next time!"

Yan Heqing walked out of the convenience store carrying two large plastic bags in his left hand and two boxes of milk in his right hand.

Continue walking along the road for about two hundred meters, and at the end is the Rainbow Bridge Welfare Institute.

It used to be a large-scale welfare home with a large front door, but now there is only one old man in the guard booth.

Yan Heqing wanted to register, but the old man didn't even raise his head. He lowered his head to light the stove and said, "Come in directly."

Yan Heqing entered the orphanage. It had just rained and the playground was very quiet. No one was running around outside.

But even if the weather is nice, no one will actually be running outside.

As long as the orphans who come to the orphanage are healthy and have sound limbs, they will be adopted soon. Most of the remaining orphans are children with physical disabilities or mental problems.

There are very few staff in the welfare home. One person has to take care of a large group of children. Just taking care of them three meals a day is a headache, and they rarely let them out for playground activities.

Moreover, the playground is just a bare, relatively large cement floor. There are no slides or other recreational facilities that children like, and there is no sports equipment.