By Myself (TW: GORE-ISH)

Willow POV

"Oh my Titan.. no.. T-that has to be a lie!! Maybe Belos knows we're looking for him so he lied and said Hunter's dead when he isn't..!!"

I sprung up from the ground and looked at everyone with urgency.

"We need to go over there!!"

Eda looked over at me with a sad expression.

"Willow, The Emperor isn't very forgiving. It doesn't seem very far fetched that he would kill him.."

"B-but-! Luz? Amity?"

Luz and Amity looked at me with a blank stare, both of them in agreement with each other.

"Willow.. He's gone.."

"He- he can't be..! Gus? You don't think he's actually dead, do you?!"

Gus put a shaky hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry.."

I looked at everyone with wide eyes and confusion.

"Are.. Are you serious..?"

The whole room was silent as they stared at me with pity.

"Fine then.. I'll find out for myself.."

I turned away and ran towards the door, determination on my face.

"Willow, wait..-!"

Luz called after me, but I was already long gone. I have an idea..

I ran all the way to my house and up the stairs to my room before my dads could question anything. The news said that Emperor Belos is holding try-outs to be the new golden guard. What if.. I were to try out?

Thats perfect..!

If I'm the golden guard then I'd be able to get information on where Hunter could be..! I may not be the best witch there is, but I will NOT back down.

I took my scroll and looked up when the try-outs were. They're- tomorrow? That's so quick though.. He just died and Belos is already looking for a replacement? That doesn't seem right.. Either way, Belos can't hide this for much longer..

IN THE MORNING

I rushed out the door that morning, having my dads thinking I was going to school. I had my palisman in my hand and made my way to the Palace. Hunter is alive, and I will prove it.

I got to the palace, seeing a line of people waiting to try out. Wow.. this is a lot of people.. There's no way all these people are trying out. That was one thing I noticed. The other thing I noticed was that everyone here were boys.. I almost feel out of place.. The boys were looking at me with confusion, scoffed, and I heard some of them say "Is that a girl?", "A girl can't possibly become the Golden guard.."

Were they right..? Can I not do this..? I took a deep breath as I tried my best to ignore what they were saying. The line was very slow in moving along but the good part about that was that I had some time to train. I practiced gliding around with my palisman and summoning vines from the ground and nearby plants. The boys who were trash talking me before were now staring in awe at my sudden show of talent. All the commotion got the attention of a nearby Coven scout. The scout was walking towards me and in the distance, was the Emperor himself, watching from the entrance of the palace. My heart was pounding quick in my chest as I realized that I had been noticed by the Emperor faster than I had anticipated. The scout was now a few feet away from me, checking his clipboard.