Last Warning

*TW: BLOOD PRESENT IN THIS STORY*

I stood behind the door to the throne room, my heart beating quickly. I'm in so much trouble.. I swear to the Titan.. Kikimora never knows when to mind her own business! I took a deep breath before opening the door and walking in. As soon as I entered, I was hit with plant magic, leaving a cut across my cheek. Yeah, he's mad..

"Uncle, I-"

"SILENCE!"

"My deepest apologies.."

I kneeled and bowed my head, waiting for Belos to continue speaking. His footsteps neared closer to me.

"What made you think you could do that, BOY?!"

"T-they we're really scratched up and exhausted, I just thought that they should rest-"

"WE HAVE NO TIME FOR REST!! NOW WE BARELY HAVE ANY SCOUTS!"

"I- I was just looking out for the health and safety of our troops-"

"That is not your job, boy.."

Belos rubbed the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"Hold still."

"What-?!"

Before I could finish speaking plant magic came flying at me and cut through my clothes, pinning me against the wall. My mask fell off my face and crashed to the floor, cracking. I looked at my mask and back at Belos, trying not to show my fear. Belos neared closer to me as his eyes glowed a bright blue.

"Listen carefully, boy.. this is your last warning. I'm feeling generous.. so I will give you ONE LAST CHANCE, YOU HEAR?"

"Y-yes, Emperor..!"

"Bring me more palisman, and I will forgive your poor actions. And if you don't.."

Belos was a now a few inches away from me. He sent another spike flying at me, this time piercing my shoulder. I winced in pain as he threw me to the ground, banging my head on the floor. As I regained my vision, Belos kicked me.

"I won't be so kind.. Get up, boy. AND GET LOST. YOU BETTER NOT DISAPPOINT ME AGAIN!"

"Y-yes, Emperor..!"

I struggled to get up as I grabbed my mask. My shoulder was killing me. Even moving it slightly caused me excruciating pain. I walked out of the throne room holding back tears. Don't let anyone see you cry.. Don't let them see you cry.. Don't be weak.. What do I do now..? I can't go back to Hettie, she just finished healing me. I would be taking advantage of her if I went back again.. Besides, she has other witches she needs to tend to. I'll just get some bandages myself.. I have a stash in my room for situations like these.

I entered my room and saw Flapjack cuddled up in my blankets, sleeping.

"Aww.."

I carefully walked past him as to not wake him up. I went to my bathroom and opened my bandage drawer. I found some gauze and a thick bandage for my cut on my cheek and wrap bandages for my shoulder. I carefully applied the thick bandage to my face and took my shirt and armor off to inspect my shoulder wound. There was a small and deep opening from where Belos had stabbed me, the blood now trickling out a bit. I went to touch it but winced in pain, realizing how far the spike went through. He pierced me through my shoulder so deep that the wound almost went from one side of my shoulder to the other. If he had kept the spike there for longer, it would've went clean through my shoulder.