The Owl House

I woke up with a pounding in my head and my shoulder feeling tingly. I felt incredibly weak and it took a second to open my eyes. When I opened them I saw that bird thing hovering over me.

"HOOT!! GUY'S HE'S AWAKE!!"

"WHAT THE-?!"

I sat up in my seat and realized I was inside The Owl House. No!! They messed up my mission again!!

"Hey, you're awake!"

I looked to the right and saw Luz, The Owl Lady and King staring at me. The owl lady walked up to me with a suspicious look on her face.

"D-Did you kidnap me?! I COMMAND YOU TO-"

I started to get up and reached out for Flapjack, only to realize he wasn't there which made me fall down.

"Where's Flap?! WHERE IS HE?! DID YOU TAKE HIM?!"

"Chill out goldie! your palisman is just resting. He got a little scratched up."

No..! No no no, Flapjack!! Oh my Titan.. he must've gotten hurt in the woods..!
Luz neared me with blankets and a bowl of soup, the owl lady reaching her hand out to help me up.

I stared in confusion as the owl lady waited for me to take her hand.

Why do they want to help me..? And a second time no less. Luz looked at me with a concerned look on her face.

"Hunter.. Flapjack told us everything.."

My heart sunk in my chest. They know.. They know I'm weak. I've ruined the Emperor's image even more..
I stared into space, realizing how much I messed up. Tears started to form in my eyes and my heart started racing.

"Kid? You okay?"

"I- I..-"

Before I could finish talking, Willow burst through the door, panic-stricken.

"Hunter?! Luz told me what happened, are you okay?!"

"Captain..?"

She ran over and helped me up off of the floor and back onto the couch. I just started at Willow as she held my hand tightly. I didn't know what to say or do in this moment. My heart was racing and my thoughts were jumbled together as I thought about Flapjack, my fucked up shoulder, and what would happen when Belos finds out I failed. Willow noticed my confused and nervous expression. She looked to Luz, Eda, and King, and back to me with concerned eyes. Those beautiful.. green eyes..

"W-why did Belos do this to you..?!"

I hesitated before answering her. I looked down at the ground with shame.

"He- he was just displeased with me.."

"But why..?" Luz spoke softly and concerned.

"The emperor.. is not a merciful man.. I-It's okay though. I disobeyed him. I deserved it.."

Willow put her hand on my chin and turned my head towards her.

"No one deserves to be hurt like that..! Hunter, whatever you did, it couldn't have been that bad..!"

I didn't think it was bad either..

"Yeah, well.. You don't know what the Emperor is like when he's..-" I looked up and caught everyone staring at me, waiting for me to finish my sentence, scared of what I was going to say next. "N-nevermind..."

The whole room was quiet until Luz spoke again.

"We should let Hunter rest.. Hunter, do you want Willow to stay with you?"

I looked down, embarrassed to make eye contact as I nodded.

"Alright.. Eda, King? Let's give them some space."

The three of them left the room, leaving Willow and I alone. We sat in the living room in silence. The silence was broken when Willow took my hand and started to speak.

"Hunter.. You can't let Belos treat you like this.."

"It's not that easy, captain.. Besides, I would never dare stand up to him.."

"But this isn't fair..! You deserve so much better than this!!"

Willow snapped which took me by surprise.

"I- I'm sorry, Hunter.. I just wish I can make it better for you.."

I looked down in shame once again.

"Yeah.. me too.."

___

It was the next morning and everyone was still asleep. I sat alone with my thoughts. Willow cares so much about me.. but why? And Luz..? We were fighting moments before they brought me here.. Why do they keep helping me? I don't understand.. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud banging on the front door. The door suddenly burst open and saw coven scouts and..

"Kikimora?!"

"Hello, Golden Guard..! I thought I'd find you here.."

"Kiki, why are you here?! I- I'm fine with this mission on my own!"

"Really? Because this doesn't look like you're on a mission.. It looks like you're.. slacking off..? And in the owl house no less!"

"Kiki, I promise I'll get the palisman..! I didn't come here by myself I-"

"Zip it, Golden Guard.. Save your excuses for the Emperor." She looked to each guard on her side. "Guards? Take him.."

"W-wait! Please! I- .... I-.."

One of the guards suddenly cast a sleeping spell on me. My eyelids started to close as I fell to the floor. I couldn't move at all and every bone in my body felt week.

"No.."

The guards picked me up as I was half conscious and dragged me out the door. This is it.. I'm done for..
I couldn't keep myself awake for any longer and just gave in to the spell. My body was tingly as it suddenly went limp.

*

*

*

HEHE ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER🥰