A Different Punishment

LUZ POV

Hooty woke me with a start as I fell out of my bed.

"Hooty!!"

"WHOOPS! SORRY LUZ.. HOOT!"

After I collected myself I got up and walked downstairs. But something was off.. It was too quiet.. Usually King would be pulling at Hunter's hair by now and annoying him to the point that he's screaming.. Is king okay? No..

Is.. Is Hunter okay..?

I immediately ran downstairs and saw that Hunter wasn't sleeping on the couch anymore. In fact, he wasn't there at all.

"Hunter..?!"

All of a sudden I heard loud and frantic tweets from behind me. I looked and saw Flapjack, finally awake after what happened in the woods. Flapjack had scratches all over him. I never realized how hurt he was until now..

Hunter would never go anywhere without Flapjack...

"Little Rascal, where's Hunter..?"

"Chirp!! Chirp chirp chirp, chirpy chirp!!"

"Whoa whoa, slow down..! We'll find him.." I tapped my legs as I tried to think of how I'm supposed to understand Flapjack. Before I could think of anything, Flapjack started to fly outside. I chased him with curiosity.

"Hey, wait! Where are you going?!"

I followed him outside and over to a tree. Flapjack grabbed a stick and trotted over to the dirt in front of us. He held the stick with his beak and started writing in the dirt. I kneeled down next to him and watched as he was writing.

Flapjack wrote, "Hunter is in trouble! The emperor's coven is looking for him, they must have came to get him when we were all sleeping! We need to find him before Belos does something to him!"

I knelt on the ground next to flapjack, my heart sinking when I read what he wrote.

"Does.. what to him..?"

Flapjack blew the dirt which covered what he originally wrote, and started to write again.

He wrote, "Best case scenario? He'll hurt him.. Very badly.. Worst case scenario? He'll kill him.."

"What..? Oh my gosh.."

Belos really is evil.. Hunter didn't do anything wrong..! Is it my fault for bringing him here..? But I couldn't just have left him there to die..!

"Little rascal..! We need to help him..!!"

Flapjack nodded and flew on top of my head. I nervously got up to tell King and Eda. I should probably tell Willow too.. I need to do this quickly.

As I walked back in, I saw Willow walking down the steps, rubbing her eyes. She had stayed over, wanting to take care of Hunter. Their love for each other is so obvious.. I can't believe they haven't asked each other out yet.

When Willow didn't see Hunter, she became worried.

"Luz, where's Hunter..?"