Mission 1: Failure

I walked quickly as I had just come back from my mission, my brain wandering and my heart was pounding quickly. I needed to collect more palisman for Belos and that.. HUMAN came out of nowhere!! I'm going to be in so much trouble.. This is the third time this week that I've failed my mission.. There's no way Belos is going to let this slide..
I soon approached the doors to the throne room, taking a deep breath. I won't get hit as much if he's in a "good mood." I just have to hope that his curse isn't acting up.. I walked with my chin up, for it is forbidden to show weakness. You'll get extra blows for that. Belos was standing in the corner clutching his chest and moaning from the pain.

"Hunter, the palisman..!!"

"Uhm, about that.."

Belos looked up at me from clutching his chest, his face red and sweaty. The plant magic across his face was big, Belos' eyes widened as he stared at me intensely.

"I gave you ONE JOB!"

"I know, a-and I promise I tried!! That Human keeps getting in the way-"

"ALWAYS WITH THE EXCUSES!!"

Belos was now walking towards me slowly. I backed up, keeping eye contact.

"Uncle- I mean Emperor Belos, I swear I-"

Belos suddenly swung at me with all of his strength. He punched my cheek, leaving a stinging feeling behind. The whole left side of my jaw hurt terribly. That's going to leave a mark.. Belos grabbed my wrist so tightly it started to ache. I winced in pain behind my mask, the pain getting greater the longer he held onto it.

"If you fail me.. ONE MORE TIME, Expect for your next punishment to be bloody.. You understand..?"

"Y-yes, Emperor..!"

"Good. Now LEAVE!"

Belos let go of my wrist and pushed me to the ground before having another outburst. I banged my head and when I regained my vision, Belos was fully in his curse form. A big green monster roaring at the top of its lungs. As soon as it saw me he came running. His sharp claws went after every part of my body. I had to try my best to dodge each blow, getting away just in time. I slammed the door behind me and gasped for air, scared for my life. I could've been killed back there.. Although that wouldn't be the worst thing..
As I was trying to catch my breath Belos was slamming the door and knocking on it, loosening my grip on the door and almost letting him burst through. Soon enough, some scouts came running because of the noise and offered to help.

"Oh Titan! Sir are you okay?"

"Go and get the emergency stash of palisman! Quickly or else he's going to burst through the door!"

"Right away sir!"

Two of the scouts ran to the door and held it closed while the two others ran to the emergency stash. Since they got it covered, I immediately ran to my room where I slammed the door shut. I slipped my gloves off and set my mask down on my bed. I looked down at my wrist and saw that it was red and bruised all around.

"Shit.."

I massaged my wrist to ease the pain, although it wasn't working that well. I walked over to my bathroom mirror and looked at my face. My cheek was swollen and starting to get black and blue. I sighed and looked over at my mask, disappointed in myself. Why wear the mask and bare the title if I can't live up to his expectations..? I'm nothing without my mask OR my title.. I'm just.. a kid.. A kid who can't do what he's told, and can't please his uncle. A kid whose only purpose in life is to obey, and can barely even do that..
After feeding myself negative words in the mirror, I went to find my book on wild magic. Maybe I could cast a healing spell? I got the book off my shelf and flipped through the pages, finally finding a healing spell.

"Okay, let's hope this works.."

I put my finger out to cast the spell but paused before doing so.

"I.. I shouldn't be doing this.."

Flapjack flew onto my shoulder and chirped reassuringly.

"Chirp!"

"You're right, maybe I shouldn't do this by myself.. I'll go to Hettie and see if she can heal me."

"Chirp Chirp! Chirpy Chirp."

"Thanks, Flap. I love you too.. Let's go.."

*

*