There was a piece of lean meat in the freezer. Yan Heqing took it out and soaked it in cold water to defrost it.

At this time, the kettle on the stove was turned on. Yan Heqing took a clean cup, poured a cup of hot water, and took a few apples from the refrigerator, washed them and took them out.

Lu Lin was still sitting in the same position as when he left. "The water is very hot. It needs to cool down for a while." Yan Heqing put the water cup and fruit plate on the coffee table in front of Lu Lin.

Lu Lin asked him, "Do you study biology?"

Yan Heqing also noticed the book on the coffee table. He took it out and put it in the drawer, "I don't have it yet. I won't change the department until next semester."

Lu Lin's eyebrows twitched slightly. The requirement for transferring to another department was usually among the top five in grade. It seemed that Yan Heqing had achieved outstanding results.

He glanced at the pile of books on the armrest of the sofa with his peripheral vision. They were all textbooks. There was no TV or game console in the room. "In addition to going to work, you usually study?"

"I occasionally read novels." Yan Heqing pulled out a small stool from under the coffee table, sat down and picked an apple to peel. "The school library is free and has a full range of varieties."

Yan Heqing peeled the apple very neatly, and the thin skin did not break. Lu Lin looked at the rapidly elongating apple skin and asked, "What type are you looking at?"

The original article didn't mention Lu Lin reading suspense novels, but last time at Ice Lake, Yan Heqing saw it in Lu Lin's tent. He peeled the apple and carefully cut it into small pieces. "Suspense reasoning, I like Agatha's works very much." ."

He took out a small handful of toothpicks from the toothpick box, inserted them into the apples, and handed them to Lu Lin, "This apple is crispy and sweet. Try it."

Lu Lin rarely eats fruit, especially apples, but he still took a piece of apple.

In a quiet house, there is occasionally the sound of a small sun burning. This is a common problem with inferior electrical appliances.

There is a large vase next to the sofa. A large bunch of plum blossoms have been dried, like dried flowers, and there is still a faint fragrance of plum blossoms. Next to the vase, there is a conspicuous electronic scale.

This is relatively rare in boys' rooms.

Yan Heqing didn't eat the apple.

Lu Lin recalled the scene just now. On the muddy street of the orphanage, the boy stood on the eaves of the convenience store, gnawing attentively on a piece of ordinary bread.

He swallowed the apple, "You only have a piece of bread for dinner?"

Yan Heqing seemed a little confused about his question. After a second or two, he understood. His eyes slightly curved, "You misunderstood. I didn't save money on food. On the contrary, I have been gaining weight recently. I have at least two bowls of rice per meal."

He stood up and said, "It's still raining heavily. You can stay and have a light meal. The rice is already cooked. Let's stir-fry the bottom of the pot and make hot pot. It will be ready soon."

Lu Lin raised his wrist to look at his watch. At 6:40, there was thunder outside the window and heavy rain continued to beat against the window, so he did not refuse.

Yan Heqing entered the kitchen again, and soon the sound of cooking could be heard in the kitchen.

After the water cooled down a bit, Lu Lin picked up the water cup and took a few sips of water. His cell phone rang.