The car slowly opened and Lu Lin opened the carton. It was an ordinary small cream cake.

Lu Lin didn't like sweets, and he didn't touch the cream cake. He picked up a spoon and took a spoonful. The cream was sweet and the cake was soft and delicate.

As the boy said, it tastes good.

...

At the same time, Yan Heqing was stopped by Zhang Qing, "Xiao Yan, are you going to the subway station? I didn't bring an umbrella, give me a lift."

Zhang Qing put her bag on her head with both hands. The coat was obviously wet from the snow, and her body ached. This was a new coat she bought, and she was waiting to wear it back to her hometown during the New Year.

Yan Heqing stopped and gave up half of his umbrella.

Zhang Qing happily ran under the umbrella, "Thank you!"

The two of them walked side by side towards the subway station, their umbrellas slightly tilted toward Zhang Qing.

Zhang Qing noticed it and felt very sorry. What an outstanding boy. I wish he were her boyfriend!

But Zhang Qing knew he couldn't catch up.

Yan Heqing was easy to get along with, and he was humble and courteous to everyone, but that was all. He had such indifference and alienation in his bones that no one could really get close to him.

Zhang Qing didn't start a conversation all the way. She walked quietly to the subway entrance and took out a pack of cream from her bag. "There are a lot of leftover pet cream cups provided for free in the store. If you leave them in the store, they will be thrown into the trash can. There are a lot of wild cats in the community where you live. Use them to feed them. Don't waste them."

Yan Heqing took it and put it into the bag containing donuts, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Zhang Qing smiled brightly and jumped out of the umbrella in a few steps. "I'm leaving now. See you tomorrow."

After waving his hand, Zhang Qing ran to catch the subway.

Yan Heqing put down his umbrella, flicked it toward the ground, and folded it into the subway.

There were two lines to go home. By the time Yan Heqing got home, it was almost seven o'clock.

He first delivered cream to the wild cat before returning home.

"Ahem."

He didn't fully recover from his last fall into the water, and Yan Heqing still coughed from time to time.

I took off my coat, changed my shoes, and walked to the coffee table. There was a bottle of loquat ointment on the table, and I had already drank two-thirds of it.

Yan Heqing took a spoon, poured it into his mouth and swallowed it. His throat felt much better, and then went to the kitchen to make dinner.

There were vegetables bought yesterday in the refrigerator. Yan Heqing picked a few ingredients and made three delicacies soup, fried pork slices with bell peppers, and steamed eggs.

Not long after we sat down to eat, someone knocked on the door.

Yan Heqing took a few quick bites and stood up to open the door.

The door opened, and Lin Fengzhi stood outside. He hadn't seen her for a week. Lin Fengzhi's attitude became much more natural. His eyes lingered on the cat cans, "Are these cat cans yours?"

"No." Yan Heqing opened the door and said, "Come in."

Lin Fengzhi went into the house to change his shoes, and was surprised to see food on the coffee table, "Are you just eating now?"