19

He waited for her to answer his questions but she seemed to be struggling to speak further, her throat too clogged up with her feelings to be able to say something.

Stepping closer to her, he repeated his question again, rephrasing his words a little, “What did she do, Madira?”

“She…” She gulped, trying to speak but all she wanted to do was burst into tears as she cursed herself for being too stupid, she wanted to talk to him normally, not the way she was at the moment, emotional and unable to talk.

He sighed, picking up the bottle of water from the nightstand and pouring it into a glass before he handed it to her. Her hands shivered as she held the glass.

Instead of leaving, he kept holding the glass for her as she wrapped her fingers over his, slowly gulping down the water sip by sip.

Once she was done, he kept the glass on the table before pulling her towards the sofa, making her sit down as he asked, “Are you okay now?”

She nodded, going to wipe her face with the sleeves of her hoodie again when he grabbed the tissues lying on the table from when he ordered food earlier, passing them to her.

“Thank you.” She said, dabbing the residual of her tears away before blowing her nose.

“Are you going to tell me now? What did that bit-”

“Mihir.” She interrupted.

“No, she tried to ruin my relationship and she dared to disrespect my person in front of me Madira, I'd rather have poison than refer to her with any kind of respect. I'll start respecting her when she starts doing that for herself.” He replied.

“But it was me who came in between.” She replied.

“Between who?” He asked, “Did I not make it clear to you that there was nothing between me and her? Did you listen to a single word I said that day?” He continued.

“But…”

“So you just simply chose her words over mine.” He stated, “What's the point of continuing this further if you cannot do the bare minimum in a relationship?” He asked, “What did I ever do for you to not trust me?”

“It’s me. It's all my fault and…and I'm sorry.” She looked down, “For not trusting you, for believing her and for sending her to you that day. None of my behaviour is acceptable but when she said that I ruined her relationship...the chance of her child having a father figure in his life, I just...ah…” She buried her face in her hands, not being able to control it anymore as she burst into sobs.

He took a seat beside her, keeping a hand over hers before pulling it away from her face, “Look at me.” He said, reaching for her other hand too but her hold was firm.

She snatched her hand back, rubbing her eyes as she tried to stop the tears from trailing down. She hated herself at the moment for breaking down in front of him.

“Madira.” He called again, his voice soft as he spoke, “Look at me please, I'm sorry I said those hurtful things to you, there's absolutely nothing between me and that girl."

She refused to look at him, feeling guilty as she heard his words, for trusting Rayna when he had cleared everything a day before.

"Madira..." His fingers grazed her chin lightly, turning her face towards him, "Look at me, baby, It's okay, forget whatever happened, everyone makes mistakes." He said, "Let's talk it out, yeah?"

He got up, holding her hand in his as he pulled her up too, "But first, wash your face first."

She looked at Mihir, trying her best to not cry again and talk to him like he wanted to. She went to wipe her face with her hoodie yet again when he held her hand.