11

"You think he would be comfortable?" Madira asked as they stepped in the queue for the amusement park's entrance.

Spending a few hours at the Mehrotra mansion, Mihir finally was able to convince everyone to stop telling Madira about things he did not even imagine doing as a kid and left the house before Amrit or Rahil came back from work.

"Of course, just hope he doesn't forget us." Mihir joked, pulling her in front as the two queues merged in one.

"Aunty told me-"

"It's our turn!" He interrupted, taking out the tickets from his pocket as he handed them to the security guy who was tying the entry bands to everyone's wrists.

Two minutes later, they stepped inside the park, an amazed 'wow' leaving her mouth as she looked at the bright lights, happy people, and several rides to enjoy.

"This is…wow."

"I know, c'mon." He replied, holding her hand as he pulled her forward with him, "You wanna play a game first, or should we go straight to the rides?" He asked.

"Your choice." She replied, her eyes darting to their joined hands as she moved a little closer to him, enough to sense his perfume but far enough to keep their arms from touching.

Taking his phone out, Mihir opened the camera, raising his hand up to click a picture of the view, he shifted Madira's hand to his arm subconsciously as both his hands reached for the phone, pulling her closer without realizing.

"It's quite crowded." Mihir said, pocketing his phone as they walked towards a game stall, "Wanna try?" He asked, looking at the ring toss.

"I'm very bad at aiming." She replied as he bought the game.

"No one's judging you, here, try once at least?" Mihir handed her a ring, taking her purse from her hand.

"Okay. Don't laugh, hmm?" She said, spotting the closest thing she could find before throwing the hoop, missing the shot by a few inches.

Turning to him disappointedly, she shrugged, "It's okay, wanna try once more?" He asked.

"No.."

"Here, last try." He said, grabbing her hand as he put the hoop in her palm, giving her an encouraging look as he turned her around.

Giving it two more tries, she won a chocolate, jumping around in glory.

"That's so cool," she said, a wide smile plastered on her face as she looked at him, his like curving into a smile too as he looked at the happiness radiating off her.

Tearing open the chocolate wrapper, she broke it into two pieces, giving the bigger one to Mihir.

"You think- ouch." Her sentence got interrupted in between as someone pushed her from behind, making her hold Mihir for support, the chocolate in her hand dropping on the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asked, following her gaze down to the chocolate, her happy smile fading away.

"Yes, yes. Good." She nodded, looking up as she left his arm, "Thank you."

Looking at her for a moment, he shook his head, breaking the piece of chocolate in his hand yet another time, feeding it to her before saying, "Let's go to the merry-go-round first." He said, walking ahead of her.

"We can?" She asked, catching up to him, "It's...for kids?" She added her words more like a question.

"Said no one. You can enjoy anything you want to." He replied, getting in line for the merry-go-round.