08

She picked up her phone, to tell him it was all a bad idea. It was late at night, she was sure he must've fallen asleep by now, she wouldn't have to engage in a conversation and invite another heartbreak.

While on the other hand, he picked up his phone, finally feeling courageous enough to call her.

She was in the middle of typing out the text when her phone started ringing. Her hands immediately threw the device away, getting startled.

Her heartbeat rose as she answered the call, her fingers fidgeting with the bottom of her t-shirt as she waited for him to speak.

"Madira…hey-"

"I agree." She immediately interrupted, "You're right."

"I- what?"

"It was a bad idea, I don't know what I was thinking, I'm-"

"No." He stopped her from talking, "What are you talking about?" He frowned, just when he was finally thinking about where he would take her, she suddenly thought it was a bad idea.

"Mihir…"

"Can I see you?" He asked.

"What?"

"Can I meet you? Right now?" He asked, getting off the bed as he wore the pair of slides lying near the bed, running a hand through his hair as he picked up his car keys.

"Mihir, What are you talking about? Listen-"

"No, I don't wanna do this over a call. Can I come over?" He interrupted.

"I…okay." She sighed, leaning her head on the bedrest, keeping the phone down as it beeped, telling her the call ended. Turning her head sideways, she looked in the mirror.

Another sigh left her mouth, She didn't look the way she would want to look in front of him but now that she was already expecting the worst, she didn't bother correcting her appearance, waiting for him.

The bell rang ten minutes later, letting her know of his arrival. Getting out of the sheets, she walked out of her room and opened the door.

His appearance wasn't anything less than hers, both of them looked like they were ready to go to bed but ended up in front of one another.

Her eyes went from his ruffled hair as if he had been running his fingers through it every few minutes, to his disheveled clothes, "Hi." He said.

"You didn't have to come all the way here to tell me no." She shrugged, "It's okay Mihir, I understand and you know it's completely fine! You and Ray-"

"No." He interrupted, "There's no Me and Rayna, I sent a gift for her son. She has a baby, he turned one last week, I sent a gift for the baby." He told her.

"You don't have to exp-"

"Yes. I have to, I'm not that person Madira. I would never lead two people at the same time, my mother taught me better than that. There's nothing between Me and her and I have no idea why she made you think there was." He told her.

She looked at him before looking away, "Come in."

"No, it's okay." He replied, "Tell me one thing."

"Hmm?"

"Do you really take me as a person who would do that to you? Or anyone?" He asked.

"You wouldn't believe me even if I bared my heart to you." She shook her head, "I never said you were two-timing, I just don't want to come in between before it even started."

"I don't want it to start." He replied, annoyed, "Not with her."

"But-."

"I'll pick you up tomorrow, 9 in the morning." He cut her off, stepping back, "Remember what we talked about at the office." He added before walking away.

"Mihir…" She called but he just walked away from there, making her shake her head tiredly. Closing the door, she walked back inside, calling Jashn on her way to her room.

He answered the call after a few rings, his voice hoarse as if he just woken up from sleep, making her look at the watch as she realized it was too late and he must have fallen asleep.

"I'm so sorry, good night." She ended the call quickly, slumping down on the chair while looking at the closed cupboard.

Her phone started ringing the moment she ended the call, "Bhai, I'm sorry, Mujhe laga-"
(I thought-)

"It's fine, what is it?" He asked.

"Are you with Ishani?" She asked.

"You need to stop calling her by her name, she's older than you, both in age and relationship." Jashn scolded, "You address Rahil and Amrit's wife as bhabi but you can't address your own brother's wife as the same?"

"You're not married yet." She mumbled, annoyed with his taunts, she didn't call him to get yelled at.

"Shut up. At Least I'm engaged, unlike you but that's a topic for another day, what is it?" He asked.

"Ishani Bhabi hasn't been answering my calls since evening, are you with her?" She asked, giving extra emphasis on the word Bhabi.

"Yes."

"You know that's…I'll tell mummy that you're having sleepovers before the wedding and-"

"Grow up."

"And I'll tell her-"

"What do you want?"

"Can you give her the phone?" Madira asked.

"She's sleeping." He replied, "What is it Madira, you know you can tell me, right?" He asked tiredly.

"I'm going out with Mihir. Tomorrow." She told him.

"That's good."

"But…It feels wrong, what if everything gets ruined, what if I can't control my feelings? I don't want him to push me away, I…uh." She trailed off.

"Take a deep breath and calm down. It'll be fine, you won't push him away or anything, just be yourself and that's all. No need to worry, and if anything happens, I'm always here, hmm?" Jashn replied.

"He won't think I'm stupid, will he?" She asked.

"No why would he? You need to stop thinking so low of yourself all the time, you're amazing, you know that right? And if you don't think so, you're wrong." He scolded.

"What if he thinks of me as some desperate weirdo who won't leave him alone and is going out with me only because he feels pity?" She asked, her worries coming out slowly.

"Madira." A sharp hiss left him, "You're not to be pitied at. He's going out with you because he wants to, if you really have feelings for him then you should know a real man would never do that to anyone. I've seen Mihir grow up over the years and he's not someone who takes his decisions like that. You're going to pick out a nice dress and go to sleep and stop overthinking." He said.

"Bhai…"

"No, and if you don't, I'll call Mom right now and you know the rest." He warned.

"Fine." She sighed, ending the call as she walked over to her closet.

Picking out the dress she always imagined herself wearing if she went out with him, the dress was laid down on the bed for the first time after it was bought, finally seeing the light.

She ironed it, scolding herself for thinking negatively all the time as she went to sleep, trying her best to think positively about her first-ever date, a date she always dreamed of.

Hiii, hope everyone's happy and healthy, thankyou for waiting, enjoy reading <3