04

"Everyone left me alone." Roop whispered, holding both of their hands as they sat in front of her.

"It's okay, I'm- we are here for you," Mihir replied, patting her head with his free hand.

Holding the hand on her head, Roop kept Mihir's hand in Madira's, "I'm hungry, jaao kuch lekar aao mere liye." She ordered.
(Go bring something for me.)

Mihir quickly pulled his hand out of hers, getting up. "Let's get you something healthy, Bhai asked me to not let you eat junk food. You got sick yesterday."

"Haan toh, unhone acha pasta nahi banaya tha. Apni galti kabhi maan ni hi nahi hai." She shook her head disappointedly.
(Yes and? He cooked that useless pasta but no, he never owns up to his mistakes.)

"Agar aap soch rahe ho ki aap aise bologe aur mai maan jaunga to let me tell you, aap galat soch rahe ho." Mihir replied, crossing his arms.
(If you're thinking that if you say it like that and I will agree with you then let me tell you, you're thinking wrong.)

"I want a pizza." She whispered sadly.

"How about…a salad?" He suggested.

"Stop sounding like my mother." She covered her face with her hands, "I don't like this place, it's suffocating." Roop fanned herself with her hands, "Can we go somewhere with less crowd?" She asked, looking at them with a hopeful expression.

"Of course." Madira stood up.

"I'll text Ishani that the driver will pick them up, let's go." Mihir replied, keeping a hand over Madira's shoulder accidentally, making her still in her place before she looked at him in surprise, "I'm sorry." He moved away when he realized, walking out of the mall, his head buried in his phone.

"Jiya dhadak dhadak, jiya dhadak-" Roop sang, making Madira hurry out too.

Shaking her head at their reactions to each other, Roop followed them outside, wiping her forehead with her dupatta as she felt too hot even in the air-conditioned place.

Reaching outside, she saw Mihir standing near his car, typing something on his phone while Madira looked at the entrance of the mall, waiting for her.

"I don't feel good." Roop murmured to herself, touching her forehead as she tried not to blackout.

She heard Madira's fading voice in the background, losing consciousness as her head spun, "Bhabi!" Madira rushed towards her, holding her before she fell.

Hearing Madira's worried voice, Mihir looked up, throwing his phone in the car as he looked at the unconscious Roop in Madira's arms.

"What happened?" He asked, panic filling his veins as he helped Madira, who was struggling to hold Roop up, "Open the door please." He said, picking her up.

After making her sit in the car, Madira looked at Mihir, holding his shivering hands, "Calm down. She's okay, let's take her to the doctor? Yes?"

He nodded, looking at Roop in worry, "She was fine just now…Bhai trusted me with her and I-"

"Mihir." She interrupted, "It's not your fault. She must be feeling fatigued due to wedding preparations, don't worry." She looked at him, trying to make him understand.

"Okay. Okay." He blinked, "Search for a place…clinic, hospital, whatever you find nearby." He said, rounding the car as he got inside.

"My friend's mum is a doctor. Her clinic is just five minutes away." She told him, getting in the car.

It had been thirty minutes since they reached the clinic and Mihir kept walking to and fro in the room while Madira looked at him, his worry making her worry too.