10

He looked at her, she talked to the puppy in her hands as they walked side by side. Was he moving too fast? Wasn't he supposed to wait? Stay single for a while before getting himself involved with someone?

"Mihir? Are you listening?" He heard Madira say as she looked at him.

"Hmm? Sorry, what were you saying?" He asked.

She looked at him, analyzing his expressions before she shook her head, mumbling a 'nothing' as she turned her attention back to the puppy.

After being kicked out of the cafe for keeping the corner-blocked and not ordering anything for hours, they were walking around the busy streets when they stumbled upon a puppy, drenched in water as he shivered, sitting in a box too big for the puppy to come out of.

He looked like someone abandoned the puppy who was just a few weeks old.

Right now he was wrapped in a towel they found in Mihir's car as they walked in no specific direction, the pup was checked at the vet but their car was nowhere to be found.

While in search of a veterinary hospital, Mihir ended up forgetting where he parked the car.

Although Madira remembered where he parked the car, the greedy part of her that wanted to stay with him as long as she could wasn't letting her remind him as she just went with the flow.

"I'm tired of walking." She sighed, her arms aching from holding the puppy for so long as she wasn't habitual.

"Let me hold him," Mihir replied as he stopped walking, making her stop too before taking the puppy in his arms, their fingers brushing with each other's.

Joining her hands together, she continued walking, her gaze stumbling upon him every once in a while as she watched him cooing the little pup like a baby.

"Can I name him?" Mihir asked, looking at her with hopeful eyes.

"Of course." She replied, "Just not something weird, okay?" She added.

"What do you feel about…kutta?" Mihir asked, trying not to laugh as he looked at her expressions.

"You know what? Give my child back to me." She replied, trying to take the puppy out of his hold.

"We found him together, He's my child, shoo." He said, turning around to move her hands away from taking the pup.

A gasp left her mouth as she turned to him, "I was the one who spotted him, give him back, you didn't even see him until I pointed it out!" Madira accused.

Mihir turned away again to dodge her from holding the puppy, "He's mine now." He teased.

"No, he's not. You are...you are not fit enough to be a father of...of such a small child." She replied, looking at the pup as she made a pouty face at him, leaning in to kiss the puppy when Mihir pushed her by her forehead.

"He has germs all over his body, give him at least two baths first." He said.

She looked at him, her pout turning into a sad one as she settled on just petting the pup's golden fur.

"How about Oreo? His eyes are like Oreos." She said, looking back and forth between Mihir and her puppy.

"Oreo Mehrotra?" He replied.

"Oreo Madan!" She frowned.

"No, Oreo Mehrotra sounds better." He argued, "Try saying it, it gets better every time you say it."

"No." She shook her head stubbornly, "Oreo Madan. He's my baby, he will be named after me only." She added.

"You're taking my first child from me, I didn't expect you to be so cruel." He mumbled sadly, "I'll pay for child support, keep his name after me." Mihir said, moving his finger over Oreo's head lightly, making him close his eyes.