16

Hearing the doorbell ring, she closed the laptop, opening the door with a smile that vanished as her eyes fell on Mihir.

The hair that was once styled to perfection was dishevelled, the softness in his eyes that was always there seemed to have disappeared.

He closed the door shut, and stepping inside, she opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. She knew what she did was wrong yet she couldn't stop herself from doing it.

"Do you know how I felt when I saw her wearing the dress I bought for you? The nervous smile on her face that I imagined the whole day on you. Everything I did was for you and what did you do Madira? Is this a fucking game for you? Because trust me, I can be a better player if that's the case."

"No...no, Mihir...I know you're angry right now but listen to me-"

He let out a chuckle, "Angry? I'm not angry, Madira, I'm disappointed. I thought you were different...I really did and you are. And me? Can you believe my delusional self was thinking that you're changing my perspectives but hey! You got what you wanted and left me quicker than anything. Did I not satisfy you Madira?" He stepped closer.

"Did..did you drink?" She asked, keeping a hand on his chest to stop him.

Pushing her hand away from his body, "Don't touch me."

"Mihir."

"I'm tired of all of this! What do you want from me? You were so hellbent on getting close to me and now that you are, you're bored already? Or do you just like the challenge?"

"Either you're going to let me explain or you're going to get the fuck out of here Mihir, stop putting accusations on me." She pointed a finger at him.

"Or what?" He raised a brow.

"Get out. You don't want to hear anything and I can't take this anymore." She pushed him back.

"Why? Did you get angry? Did I say something wrong to the princess?" He mocked, clearing the distance between them, "I'm not a fucking toy you can play with and hand off to someone else when you're done. You had no right to send her there, I'm mature enough to take a no. Pull this stunt again and see how fast I can make all the tables turn, two can play this game and you know I love to win."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She tried to push him away but he didn't budge from his place.

"Me? What the fuck is wrong with you Madira? You couldn't stand that woman a week ago and now you're giving everything that's yours to her! You're-"

"Because I love you!" She yelled, "I love you, okay? And I want to see you happy and guess what Mihir? I'm not the one who makes you happy, it's her. That smile...that smile never leaves your lips every time you're with her, you look at her like if you blinked she'll vanish, but me? I feel like a burden every time you look at me, a burden I've imposed on you. I am selfish but not enough to ruin your life."

She shook her head, walking away from him but he pulled her right where she was by her elbow.

"Leave me."

"I won't, You said what you thought but what about me? All those sleepless nights I've spent because I couldn't stop thinking about you, what about all those secret moments I've spent with you, what about-"

"No, no." She shook her head, "You don't get it Mihir, I forced myself into your life, this is not how it works, I was so desperate to get closer to you that I forgot to consider your feelings, I'll end this. This whole drama I created, this mess, I made it and I will get you out of it too." She said, picking up her phone from the table.