03

Throwing her head back on the car seat, she sighed, making Jashn turn to her with an annoyed expression.

"Will you stop it?"

"Stop what?" Madira sighed.

"This. Stop sighing every five minutes! I'll throw you out of the car." He warned.

"I'm sad." She whispered, leaning forward to put her head on the dashboard but the seatbelt pulled her back, making her cry in annoyance.

"Sit back properly."

"I didn't even get his number." She stuck her face to the window glass.

"You have his number." He rolled his eyes.

"Wo toh maine churaya tha na, usne nahi dia na." She huffed.
(I stole that, he didn't share it.)

"I've never seen someone miss an opportunity so badly, you were literally sitting beside him the whole time." He replied.

"He wasn't even participating in anything, what were you expecting me to do? Force a conversation?" She asked.

"There's a really important project coming up, he's working on the budget, you know how competitive it gets with international projects."

"Right." She looked out of the window, "Wait, where are we going? Drop me at my apartment." She turned back towards Jashn.

"We're going to Amrit's house. I need to see Ishani." He replied.

"And you're taking me with you because?"

"It's too early to ask Mihir to drop you home." He replied.

"Stop it bhai." He stopped the car, "I didn't mean the car!" She exclaimed.

"I know." He replied, clicking the seat belt off his body as he stepped out of the car. She quickly followed him out, running as he entered the flower shop.

She stood beside him as he ordered for a bouquet of pink roses along with one single white rose, after paying, he gestured her to start walking outside.

Pulling out the single white rose, he tucked it behind her ear.

"Don't act all gloomy now, c'mon." He kept the bouquet in the car before keeping a hand over her shoulder, "You want some chocolates?" He asked, walking into the bakery beside the florist.

"Yes please!" She immediately started choosing whatever she wanted.

Buying the chocolates, he drove to the Mehrotra mansion, another car pulling into the driveway at the same time they did.

Mihir jumped out of the car, watching Jashn holding a bouquet in his hands along with a bag full of chocolates.

"Ye mere liye laaye aap? I knew you loved me the most!" He started to walk towards him when he stepped aside.
(You got this for me? I knew you loved me the most!)

"Weren't you staying back?" Jashn asked.

"I was kicked out." He muttered sadly.

"Deserving." He nodded.

"I don't like you." Mihir made a face, turning around to walk inside the house.

"Should I wait in the car?" Madira asked.

"Obviously not." Jashn frowned, "come with me."

...

The wedding was getting closer but Mihir and Madira weren't, they merely met three or four times in which both of them were busy with their own things.